As expected, this patch does indeed address abnormal levels of CPU usage by the GTA 5 Launcher and the issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause said Launcher to outright fail.
In addition, it fixes a few problems with the Rockstar Editor relating to uploading clips to YouTube (the upload will now resume even if the internet connection is disrupted.) A problem with frame-rate drops when left-clicking while driving is said to have been addressed as well.
Plus, there’s confirmation that iFruit support is on the way on PC.
There’s no mention of the Self Radio causing frame-rate drops, or any other performance fixes (aside from the GTA 5 Launcher hogging CPU power.)
Here’s the full list.
- Fixed an issue where the GTAV Launcher would use an abnormally high percentage of CPU and sometimes crash.
- Fixed an issue where frame rate would drop when left-clicking the mouse while driving.
- Added a grid to the Golf mini-game to show the topology of the green while putting.
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyebrows or other facial features could change erroneously when transferred to PC.
- Fixed an issue where a some players were asked to transfer their GTA Online character while a transfer was already in progress.
- YouTube uploads via the Rockstar Editor will now correctly resume if Internet connection is lost during the upload and later restored.
- Fixed a rare issue where the game could crash while using the Rockstar Editor.
- Projects containing deleted clips will now load properly in the Rockstar Editor and warn the player of the missing clips.
- Fixed an issue where birds were not recorded correctly in Rockstar Editor clips.
- Corrected an issue where certain characters in Windows usernames would cause the Launcher to fail to load or other undesired game behavior. For details, see this page.
- Fixed an issue where players with one garage would not be able to replace an existing vehicle if the garage was full and the new vehicle was purchased from an in-game website.
- Additional fixes to prepare for iFruit support.
- Crew Tire Smoke can no longer be purchased if you are not in a Crew.