GTA 5 players wanting to really spice up their version of GTA 5 should be looking at the new GTA 5 Redux Mod.
Created by Josh Romito, this mod makes the game look stunning. The mod shows just how great the game can look with some solid modding work. The mod currently enhances the game in the following ways.
- Brand new, real life, company textures for billboards, commercial vehicles, trailers, bus stops, and taxi ads.
- Roads! – (mostly) All road textures are being replaced, with 100% custom normal and specular map textures. Including road damages, cross walks, sidewalks, curbs, barriers, and more.
- Brand new damage overlay texture.
- New textures for all ground debris, including pop bottles/cans, newspapers, letter scraps etc.
- Muzzle flash, tracers, debris and other destructive/weapon related textures.
- Greatly increased particle count for all related effects.
- All environmental particle effects are now active.
- Ground debris blows with natural force.
- Leaves fall from tree’s, bushes, shrubs, and palms with much more consistency.
- Paper and garbage blow from trash trucks at a higher rate and density.
- Water splash effects manipulated for more realistic reactions.
The mod has just been released and has proved so popular that the official site has gone offline due to excessive bandwidth usage. There was a temporary mirror online which vanished but there are some temperamental links to the mod here which may or may not work.
Assuming you can get it downloaded, follow these instructions to install.
GTA 5 Redux Game Files Installation:
- Open up your Gta V main directory, and remove any previous ReShade, SweetFX, ENB files, or “mods” folders you have previously installed. (100% original game is recommended for a clean install process)
- Create a folder titled “mods”(no quotation marks) inside your Gta 5 main directory, and copy and paste the folder/files; update, x64, common.rpf,and x64a.rpf – x64w.rpf – from your GtaV main directory, into the mods folder.
(make sure these files/folders are 100% original, clean, unmodded)
- Download and install OpenIV: (make sure to install all the plug-ins that the OpenIV will prompt you with)
- After fully completing the OpenIV installation, click on Tools —> Package Installer, then find the extracted Folder from the Redux download, and select REDUX_INSTALLER.oiv.
- Select install, then choose “Game Folder”. (Make sure you have set up the mods folder properly in order for this to work correctly)
ReShade & ENB Installation
1) Choose your desired ReShade options from the folder titled “ReShadePresets”. (GTA5_REDUX/RESHADE OPTIONS)
2) Copy and paste all the files from your choice folder, into the Gta 5 main directory.
3) When you want to try a different preset, delete the entire “ReShade” folder from your directory, and overwrite all existing files with your new choice.
There is a very likely chance that you will receive a crash during loading when using any of the ReShade presets other than the Redux (default). DO NOT WORRY!
This is a bug with the version of ReShade, and can be easily fixed by simply closing every/any single application and window that you do not need to be running.
Sometimes things as simple as a notepad, or file explorer can cause a crash. So close what you can, and try again.
Things like Photoshop, and certain web plug-ins are the majority of the cause, but many other programs can produce the same crashes. Simply reseting the game will eventually provide a stable launch.
Running Steam in offline mode, as well as being disconnected from the internet, also seems to help prevent the loading crashes.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.