Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (henceforth known as Guacamelee! STCE) will be colourfully wrestling its way on to Steam. Because the main guy is a Mexican luchador, you see. I mean I could’ve said luchadoring I suppose.
Anyway, from 21 August Guacamelee! STCE will be available through Gabe Newell’s favourite digital platform for $15.00 USD. But wait, if you already own Guacamelee! on Steam, you can upgrade to STCE for $5.00 USD via a DLC transaction.
There will be Steam workshop integration, Steam trading cards and a Costume Shop of some sort. In terms of in-game features, this is what STCE adds to the title:
- Expanded Story: An expanded version of the game that includes DLC content from the original
- New Game Areas: Players will ride boats through the Canal of Flowers to save a besieged fishing town, and avoid lava as they climb through the fiery Volcano
- New Boss: Face off against The Trio of Death, a three-headed skeleton that lives in the Volcano, helping the evil Carlos Calaca build his skeleton armies
- New Abilities: Maximize destruction with the powerful new INTENSO combat mode. Plus: Chicken Bombs and Independent Dimension Swapping
- New Enemies: Lethal new elite-class enemies that want to chokeslam luchadores to sleep
- Support for multiple save slots
- Dual currency system that supports permanent item unlocks
Here’s a trailer, which demonstrates a couple of those features, as well as a dramatic voiceover and a cute chicken.Related to this article