Early on in Hard West 2, your characters will need to rescue Laughing Deer. A tutorial pop-up will also inform you of the skills used by Gin Carter and Flynn, which would be necessary for this particular challenge. Here’s our Hard West 2 Fooling the Hangman mission guide to help you kill all enemies in the first round.
Note: For more information, check out our Hard West 2 guides and features hub.
Hard West 2 Fooling the Hangman mission – How to kill all enemies in the town square in the first round
This challenge in Hard West 2‘s Fooling the Hangman mission requires you to eliminate all nine enemies in the first round of combat. While there are many ways to achieve this, here’s what I ended up doing:
- Use Gin’s Shadow Barrage to rip apart the sheriff and two other units that are in front of him. At least one mob will end up dead, which means Gin still has Bravado.
- Shoot the sheriff to damage him further and end Gin’s turn.
- Next, use Flynn’s Shadow Swap to reach the rooftop to the left.
- Have Flynn kill the mobs (a) below her, (b) behind the gallows, (c) next to Laughing Deer, (d) across the street, and (e) the sheriff. Don’t kill the one in front of the gallows.
- Shoot the mob near Old Man Bill to end Flynn’s turn.
- Old Man Bill can then kill that mob. Use his next shot to damage the one to the left.
- Finally, use Laughing Deer to rush the remaining targets. You should have enough action points (AP) to melee the guy near the gallows. Bravado will refresh your AP, so you can take out the last enemy.
This will complete the Fooling the Hangman challenge to kill all enemies in the first round in Hard West 2. You’re not done yet, though, since you still need to head further north to eliminate more baddies.
Hard West 2 is available via Steam.