Budding strategists can now look forward to new Hearts of Iron IV DLC with the announcement of the Death or Dishonor content update.
The DLC will add new National Focus trees for countries trapped between the Russian and German influence during WWII. These will include Hungary, Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia.
Further updates are being made the game including:
- Revamp of Air Gameplay: Take to the skies with new mechanics and quality of life updates that make it easier to bring your airpower to bear.
- Equipment Conversion: Update your arsenal by converting older units — or make use of captured enemy vehicles and gear.
- New Music and Art: Three new thematic musical tracks from composer Andreas Waldetoft, new art content for the four focus nations, and new troop voiceovers.
- New Diplomatic and Puppet Interactions: License military technology to bring other nations’ weapons to the field or sell your advances to the highest bidder. Fascist countries get new subject levels like Reichskommissariat, with access to licenses, industry and strategic resources. The instated governments are held in an iron grip, making it harder for them to break free.
- Improved Map Design and Display: the world map has been clarified to make it easier to follow the action around the world. New impassable areas create tactical choke-points and more historical gameplay.
The Hearts of Iron IV Death or Dishonor DLC will cost $9.99 and will be free for all Expansion Pass owners. No release date has been revealed apart from “later this year”.