Depulso is a spell in Hogwarts Legacy. It lets you push objects and people away from your character with great force. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy guide to help you unlock the Depulso spell.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy guide – How to unlock Depulso
The Depulso spell in Hogwarts Legacy is available a few hours into the campaign. You should receive an assignment from Professor Sharp (i.e., the Potions Master guy) during your fourth day as a student. Assuming you’ve been progressing normally through the main questline, then this happens after completing Jackdaw’s Rest and getting your talent unlocks.
Here’s the kicker: Sharp’s assignment requires you to drink three different kinds of potions (i.e., Focus, Maxima, and Edurus). You’ve got a couple of options here if you don’t have any in stock:
- Buy them from Pippin’s Shop in Hogsmeade. If you scroll down to the bottom of his wares, you’ll see that he’s got a few of these available, though they’re quite costly.
- Alternatively, you could purchase the recipe and brew the potions yourself. Ingredients can either be picked up while exploring or purchased from Pippin.
- Edurus – 1x Ashwinder Eggs and 1x Mongrel Fur.
- Maxima – 1x Leech Juice and 1x Spider Fang.
- Focus Potion – 1x Lacewing Flies, 1x Fluxweed Stem, and 1x Dugbog Tongue.
Related: If you don’t have enough cash to spare for the ingredients, resources, or flasks, you can read our moneymaking guide.
In any case, you’re gonna have to chug those brews once you have them. Simply select them by holding the tab key, then press the tab key once more to start drinking. Also, do take note that you need to drink Edurus and Maxima while either potion is still in effect.
All right, assuming you’ve done all of the above, return to Professor Sharp to get the Depulso spell in Hogwarts Legacy. He’ll teach you the pattern, which is an inverted semi-circle. Trace it successfully and you’re done.
The Depulso spell in Hogwarts Legacy lets you push objects and people further away from your character. Apart from being usable in combat, it might be required for some puzzles, such as Merlin Trials where you need to move boulders.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.