Diffindo is a spell in Hogwarts Legacy. This skill is used offensively, as it creates incandescent blades that slice and dice your enemy. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy guide to help you unlock the Diffindo spell.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy guide – How to unlock Diffindo
The Diffindo spell in Hogwarts Legacy can be obtained a few hours into the campaign. In our case, this popped up after completing Jackdaw’s Rest, which is when you’ll also be able to take broom flying lessons. Since this is your second assignment from Professor Sharp, make sure you’ve already acquired Depulso beforehand.
So, what exactly do you need to do to unlock Diffindo in Hogwarts Legacy? Well, this assignment requires you to use an Invisibility Potion and a Thunderbrew (which needs to hit an enemy). That’s easier said that done since you need to brew or buy them, too. Here’s the gist:
- J. Pippin’s shop in Hogsmeade sells the recipes and reagents that are required. However, you could just buy one of each flask. The Invisibility Potion costs 500 gold and Thunderbrew costs 1,000 gold.
- If you prefer to brew the stuff yourself, you’ll have to farm the following after getting the recipe:
- Invisibility Potion – 1x Leaping Toadstool Caps, 1x Knotgrass Sprig, and 1x Troll Bogeys.
- Thunderbrew – 1x Leech Juice, 1x Shrivelfig Fruit, and 1x Stench of the Dead.
- Related: If you need the cash, you can check the tips in our moneymaking guide.
Okay, let’s say you have both these concoctions ready, you still need to use them. The Invisibility Potion won’t pose any issues as all, so just drink it. As for Thunderbrew, once you use it, it will create storm clouds around you. That means you need to be near an enemy so that lightning has a chance of striking them. If you’re too far, then it’ll go to waste.
Related: Since you’ll be battling some foes, you might as well tackle this alongside the assignment for the Wingardium Leviosa spell.
After completing the tallies, return to Professor Sharp. He’ll teach you the spell pattern, which looks like a slanted “Z” or Harry Potter’s lightning bolt. This nets you the Hogwarts Legacy Diffindo spell. Its projectiles will slash and rip apart hostiles, but it has a fairly long cooldown.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.