Hogwarts Legacy has several Animal Symbol Door Puzzles. Several can be found in the Divination Classroom or Divination Tower. In fact, the area also holds a clue that explains the mechanics. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy Divination Classroom Door Puzzles guide to help you solve this particular brain teaser.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy Divination Classroom Door Puzzles guide
Reaching the Divination Tower
To solve the Divination Classroom Door Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll want to make your way to the area via the Floo Flames fast travel point (Library Annex tab). Now, it can be a little confusing due to all the hallways and passages in the castle. Your best bet is to exit the Great Hall until you reach the viaduct that connects that place to the Library Annex.
Upon entering the wing, turn right and follow the staircase. You should see another spiral staircase in the corner leading further up. This is the Divination Tower, and you’ll likely tag the Divination Classroom fast travel point, too. Cross the wooden scaffolding and check the right-hand side for the puzzle.
The puzzle clues
You’ll see an ornate door with symbols, as well as a diagram written on a board. If you open the chest here, you can read a note that shows the numbers that correspond to each animal symbol. Here’s the gist:
- Each animal symbol corresponds to a number from zero to nine. They’re arranged from the bottom-left of the arch to the bottom-right.
- Interact with the puzzle by pressing the “F” key to see the equation. There are two sets that require unknown symbols (i.e., “?” for the top equation and “??” for the bottom equation).
- You’ll notice a number in the center of each equation. This represents the sum of the numbers and/or symbols around it.
- You’ll then need to roll the plates so you’ve got the correct symbols matching “?” and “??” in the equations.
Given the above, we can solve the first Divination Classroom Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- Top equation (“?”) requires the Owl (4) -> 2 + Hydra (3) + Owl (4) = 9.
- Bottom equation (“??”) requires the Hydra (3) -> 1 + 0 + Hydra (3) = 4.
This unlocks the passageway leading to a corridor. Beyond is a larger chambers with two additional puzzles.
Puzzles #2 and 3
We can solve the two Divination Classroom Door Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- For Puzzle #2 on the left, the top equation (“?”) requires the Owl (4) -> Headcrab (5) + Lizard (6) + Owl (4) = 15.
- For Puzzle #2 on the left, the bottom equation (“??”) requires the Headcrab (5) -> 13 + Sloth (0) + Headcrab (5) = 18.
- For Puzzle #3 on the right, the top equation (“?”) requires the Lizard (6) -> 6 + Headcrab (5) + Lizard (6) = 17.
- For Puzzle #3 on the right, the bottom equation (“??”) requires the Unicorn (1) -> Cthulhu (7) + 0 + Unicorn (1) = 8.
Don’t forget that each Hogwarts Legacy Divination Classroom Door Puzzle that you solve has two chests with rewards (even the corridor that you just went through to reach the large chamber). You can receive items that are part of your Collections tab (i.e., Small Vivarium Decorations, Crests, and Scale Shelf), as well as gear pieces of different rarities. There are more of these brain teasers found all over the castle, so make sure you look for them.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.