Brewing potions is one activity that you can do in Hogwarts Legacy. You’re not just creating items that can help heal or defend you, but also those that improve your offensive capabilities. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy potions guide to help you with various potion recipes and ingredients.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy potions guide – Potion recipes and ingredients
To start making potions in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll need to progress further in the campaign until you complete the Secrets of the Restricted Section quest. After that, you’ll be given a few tasks the next day, which includes attending your first Herbology class. When you’re done with that, you’ll need to go to your Potions class, which is taught by Professor Sharp. At the start, there will be QTE sequences where you need to use your mouse to concoct a brew. However, this is mostly for fluff and added immersion.
After that, you’ll have access to your mixing cauldron, with a select few recipes that are available. To get more recipes, reagents, or the actual flasks themselves, you’ll have to buy them from J. Pippin’s shop in Hogsmeade. Alternatively, you can also collect reagents as you explore the game world. Likewise, if a flask requires plants, you can grow them in the Herbology. Moreover, you can acquire potion-making functions/stations for the Room of Requirement.
In any case, here are some of the Hogwarts Legacy potion recipes and ingredients:
- Wiggenweld Potion
- Restores HP.
- 1x Horklump Juice and 1x Dittany Leaves.
- Edurus Potion
- Covers your body in rocky skin to increase defense.
- 1x Ashwinder Eggs and 1x Mongrel Fur.
- Focus Potion
- Reduces your spell cooldowns.
- 1x Lacewing Flies, 1x Fluxweed Stem, and 1x Dugbog Tongue.
- Maxima Potion
- Temporarily increases your spell damage.
- 1x Leech Juice and 1x Spider Fang.
- Invisibility Potion
- Makes you temporarily invisible.
- 1x Leaping Toadstool Caps, 1x Knotgrass Sprig, and 1x Troll Bogeys.
- Creates a thunderstorm around you that deals damage and stuns enemies within the vicinity.
- 1x Leech Juice, 1x Shrivelfig Fruit, and 1x Stench of the Dead
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.