Hogwarts Legacy has several Animal Symbol Door Puzzles. One of these happens to be in Ravenclaw Tower. It’s easily accessible if you picked the Ravenclaw House, though you definitely need to do some exploring if you chose others. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy Ravenclaw Door Puzzle guide to help you solve this particular brain teaser.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy Ravenclaw Door Puzzle guide
To solve the Ravenclaw Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy, you’ll want to make your way to the area via the Floo Flames fast travel point (Grand Staircase tab). Once you spawn, head over to the main stairwell. You should see the puzzle just before you reach the landing.
To solve it, you’ll want to remember these clues:
- Similar to other puzzles of this type, each animal symbol corresponds to a number from zero to nine, going from the bottom-left of the arch to the bottom-right.
- Interact with the puzzle by pressing the “F” key to see the equation. There are two sets that require unknown symbols (i.e., “?” for the top equation and “??” for the bottom equation).
- You’ll notice a number in the center of each equation. This represents the sum of the numbers and/or symbols around it.
Given the above, we can solve the Ravenclaw Door Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy by doing the following:
- Top equation (“?”) requires the Owl (4) -> 1 + Spider (8) + Owl (4) = 13. Turn around and you’ll see the circular plate at the back of the room.
- Bottom equation (“??”) requires the Headcrab (5) -> 13 + Hydra (3) + Headcrab (5) = 21. The plate is on a wall adjacent to the puzzle. Turn around to spot it.
For your efforts, you’ll receive an item for your Collections tab (i.e., Telescope) and an epic-quality gear piece. Don’t forget to check out all the other Hogwarts Legacy Animal Symbol Door Puzzles to obtain nifty rewards.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.