Hogwarts Legacy lets you boost your character to reach their full potential. However, that mechanic itself comes a bit further onward in the campaign. Here’s our Hogwarts Legacy guide to help you unlock talents, new perks and passive boosts that make your spells stronger.
Note: For more information, check out our Hogwarts Legacy guides and features hub.
Hogwarts Legacy – How to unlock talents guide
You’ll be able to unlock talents in Hogwarts Legacy at the end of your third day as a student. Essentially, you’ll do the following:
- The main quest requires you to attend your Herbology and Potions classes.
- You’ll also have assignments that unlock Expelliarmus and Merlin Trials.
- However, at the end of the day, you’ll be asked for find missing pages for Professor Fig’s research. You’ll help out Nearly Headless Nick and some of his spirit pals. Likewise, you can do the Ghost of Our Love sidequest while you’re at it.
- The most important task, though, is Jackdaw’s Rest. This main quest takes you to a dungeon filled with spiders, knight sentries, and loot. When all is said and done, you’ll arrive at the Map Chamber, whereupon you’ll finally unlock talents in Hogwarts Legacy.
So, what exactly does the whole mechanic entail? Well, regardless of when you completed the Jackdaw’s Rest main quest, you’ll receive +1 talent point for each level once you hit level 5. As such, at this stage of the game, you should have enough to unlock some perks that you want, provided that you’ve reached the required level. You’ll also want to consider the different groupings:
- Spells – These focus primarily on your Force and Control spells.
- Dark Arts – Given the term itself, it makes your Unforgivable Curses a lot deadlier. Moreover, some of your basic abilities also apply the Curse debuff on enemies, causing them to lose HP.
- Core – These are boosts to your general-use skills, such as your Basic Cast, Protego, Stupefy, and more.
- Stealth – This tree has the fewest number of perks. These primarily affect your Disillusionment sneak spell and Petrificus Totalus backstab.
- Room of Requirement – Last but not least, these talents in Hogwarts Legacy are for your utility items, potions, and other buffs.
Hogwarts Legacy is available via Steam.