Gearbox and Blackbird Interactive have released DLC for their RTS Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak with little fanfare.
The DLC is called the Kharak Khaaneph Fleet Pack and adds a new playable fleet, Kiith Khaaneph, to multiplayer and skirmish modes in Homeworld.
The quiet release coincided with a patch update which adds four more maps and tweaks the faction balance. Anyone would think Gearbox didn’t want people to know about it.
There’s a trailer for the DLC below and it costs £4.99.
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak Khaaneph Fleet Pack Details
- New Khaaneph Carrier Captain Voice
- New Khaaneph voice processing
- Unique Khaaneph Textures for all units in the fleet
- Unique Khaaneph visual FX on units
- Missile System – The Khaaneph Carrier can shunt power to increase the ammunition and reload speed of its targeted missile weapon. Missiles provide excellent early-game defense and late-game offense.
- Mobility Support – A new shunting system that allows Carriers and Production Cruisers to speed up nearby allies.
Khaaneph Siege Cruiser:
- An armored cruiser equipped with powerful direct-fire missiles and a wide-area barrage weapon.
- Blast Drones – Khaaneph Baserunners can deploy a limited number of Blast Drones, fast unmanned skimmers that rush towards enemies and detonate a powerful explosive.
- Smoke Wall – Khaaneph Baserunners can deploy a series of smoke grenades in their wake, allowing a mobile baserunner to create a wall of sight-blocking smoke.
Khaaneph Production Cruiser:
- Mobility Support – Using the Carrier’s Mobility Support system, the production cruiser can boost the speed of nearby allied units.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.