Gearbox has pushed out the first batch of Homeworld Remastered fixes for all games in the package.
Homeworld Remastered is excellent but it did release with bugs which was to be expected based on how the game was put together by bringing Homeworld 1 into the Homeworld 2 engine. There are quite a few anomalies such as missions not completing and units not always acting as they should, but nothing that was really game breaking.
Gearbox has addressed a few of these problems in this first patch since the game released and the main batch of campaign fixes are for Homeworld 1. The other main area of attention is the multiplayer beta which is still going through balancing and fixing. Mutiplayer fixes in this patch include an increase to 8 players in the multiplayer lobby, connection sticking issues, the server browser now has a locked game password indicator, various stability fixes and more.
While both the remastered campaigns are great, they do have a limited gameplay lifespan so Gearbox will hopefully continue to tweak and improve the multiplayer to keep fans playing. Don’t be surprised if the multiplayer stays in beta for a while. Here’s your notes….
NOTE: All in-game audio was mastered and intended to be heard at 100% volume – for optimal experience, we recommend setting all in-game volume sliders to 100%.
- Fixed an issue where Windows DPI scaling could cause the game to display in an unusable resolution
- Increased size of anomaly pings to make them more readily visible
- Restored disabled button states to campaign games
- Added launcher text to indicate DLC download state
- Addressed improper UV maps on some units
- Various audio fixes
- Various fixes to ships and weapons
- Fixed weapon audio in Remastered versions to be faithful to classic versions
- Added “reset video settings to default” function to the launcher
- Addressed an issue where the screen could go black if an in-engine cut-scene is interrupted
- Game now allows windowed resolution at full desktop size
- Added OpenGL version check to launcher
- Added more detailed error messaging
- Taiidan sensor array ping now functions in multiplayer matches
- Increased multiplayer lobby limit to 8 players
- Addressed an issue where multiplayer lobbies could get stuck in the “Connecting” dialog
- Fixed an issue where multiple checkboxes could appear in certain dialogs
- Addressed an issue where a player disconnecting from the game while in the lobby could cause the host to crash
- Addressed an issue where clients could become stuck in the lobby when host gets disconnected
- The game now checks for Beta opt-in status when inviting a friend
- Added password icon to password-locked games in the server browser
- Reduced kamikaze damage on the Vaygr Interceptor to be in-line with other fighters
- Addressed a crash which could occur under certain circumstances when launching the game from a friend invite
- Added new loading screens
- Various stability improvements
- Addressed a rare issue where games could become stuck on an infinite loading screen
- Added server distance filter
Homeworld 1 Remastered:
- Mission 07 – Addressed an issue where the Kadeshi mothership could disappear
- Mission 10 – Addressed an issue where the objective “Destroy All Enemy Forces” fails to complete
- Fixed an issue where attempting to load an incompatible save would cause a loading screen to appear during gameplay
- Fixed improper letterboxing in Mission 03 cinematic9
- Addressed an issue where dust clouds and nebulae were not auto-collected by resource collectors
- Mission 02 – Fixed an issue where the objective “Salvage the Khar-Selim” might not complete
- Mission 06 – Adjusted asteroid field visuals and functionality to improve mission balance
Homeworld 2 Remastered:
- Disabled resource collector research during tutorials
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.