Honkai: Star Rail features a massive roster of 5-star characters, including the mighty and suave Jing Yuan. This character isn’t just for eye candy and boasts a strong kit that has catapulted him as one of the strongest Erudition characters in the game. Jing Yuan is joined by a non-playable ally named Lightning Lord, who takes their own turns and deals a massive amount of damage based on how many times Jing Yuan can use his Skill and Ultimate. This makes Jing Yuan dish out an obscene amount of AoE damage. To buff his damage capabilities, we’ll look at some of the best team comps for Jing Yuan in Honkai: Star Rail.
Honkai Star Rail: Jing Yuan best team comps
Jing Yuan is an Erudition character who deals heavy AoE damage. While some Erudition characters struggle against bosses due to low single-target damage, this isn’t the case for Jing Yuan. Jing Yuan does perform best against AoE mobs, but thanks to his Lightning Lord, he can still dish out some great damage against bosses and work as your main DPS unit. Therefore, we need to pair Jing Yuan up with characters who can buff his damage. Here are some of Jing Yuan’s best teammates in Honkai: Star Rail.
- Tingyun: Tingyun has a couple of advantages over Bronya in a Jing Yuan team. Tingyun’s damage buffs last for multiple turns, which means that her damage buffs can also affect Lightning Lord provided he attacks quickly enough. Tingyun’s Ultimate also provides Jing Yuan with a burst of energy for his Ultimate, which can allow him to Ultimate more and stack more Lightning Lord buffs. Tingyun is one of the best buffers for Jing Yuan, with her only drawback being the same element as Jing Yuan, which may restrict the Toughness Break you deal against bosses.
- Bronya: Bronya is a useful Harmony character for Jing Yuan as she can haste Jing Yuan and make him act immediately, which can potentially increase the stacks of his Lightning Lord provided you have the Skill Points. One thing to keep in mind is her damage buff from her Skill only lasts 1 turn. As Jing Yuan is guaranteed to act next, if he receives Bronya’s damage buff, then Lightning Lord will never receive the ATK buff from her.
- Asta: Asta is a great buffer for Jing Yuan as she can boost his SPD with her Ultimate, which can potentially give Jing Yuan more turns. More turns mean more opportunities to give stacks to Lightning Lord. Her ATK buff is more insignificant compared to Tingyun and Bronya, which means she is best used as a supplement to either Tingyun or Bronya rather than as your Jing Yuan’s primary buffer.
- Remember to bring a healer like Bailu or Natasha to help supplement Jing Yuan, or perhaps a defensive tank unit like March 7th or Fire Trailblazer. Something to keep in mind is Bailu is also an Electric unit. You may benefit more by bringing Natasha if you are using Jing Yuan alongside Tingyun, but this depends on the content you are facing.
With this in mind, here are some example teams:
- Jing Yuan / Tingyun / Bronya / Natasha or Bailu
- Jing Yuan / Tingyun / Asta / Natasha (free-to-play friendly)
- Jing Yuan / Tingyun / March 7th / Natasha or Bailu (tankier team)
Jing Yuan is a 5-star Electric Erudition character and can only be summoned when he’s featured on the Character Event Warp banner. When he’s included in the Character Event Warp banner, you have a 50% chance of rolling him the first time you roll a 5-star character, with a guaranteed Jing Yuan by 180 pulls. (Check out how the pity system in this game works here.) Be sure to keep an eye out for current and future Character Event Warp banners to see if Jing Yuan is featured for your account.
Honkai: Star Rail is available now.