The top-down action indie game Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number will be getting a level editor at the end of 2015. Developer Dennaton Games announced a public beta will launch December 10th on Steam. Through the studio’s blog, information regarding invites and final release plans were detailed:
1. The beta is on STEAM ONLY. The forum makes it easier to gather bugs and the automatic update makes sure everyone is playing the correct version.
2. The beta is WINDOWS ONLY for now. The editor will support Mac and Linux later on. No editor for PS3, PS4 or Vita.
3. WORKSHOP IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THE BEGINNING but will be added later. Levels can be shared locally by sending the level folders around.
4. EVERYONE CAN GET ACCESS TO THE BETA WITHOUT INVITE! So we don’t need your Steam information or anything, you do this yourself when it’s available. More info on how you do that on release date.
5. ALL CONTENT IS AVAILABLE FROM THE START (some minor features will be added later).
6. NO PROMISES THAT LEVELS MADE IN THE BETA WILL CARRY OVER TO THE FINAL VERSION. Things will change during the course of the beta as we fix and update the code, so no promises that levels will stay the same or survive the whole trip.
7.THE PLAN IS TO HAVE THE BETA OPEN DURING DECEMBER TILL EARLY JANUARY and then have final version out shortly after that.
8. NO CUSTOM MUSIC EDITOR. If we let people get free music when they download levels we are viewed as a illegal file sharing tool. There is also impossible to make sure that if people added a track that the artist of that track is cool with the fact that he/she/they are in HLM.
9. NO CUSTOM SPRITE EDITOR from us but other people have already created their own and they work great:)
10. The plan is to have VIDEO TUTORIALS up before the 10th (or quite soon after) but I think you will figure out most of it without our help 😉
11. NIGEL IS HANDSOME!!!