Just like past games in the franchise, players will notice bearings that act as major plot points. The key decisions you make will lead to changes, a butterfly effect that can determine the success of your run. Here’s our House of Ashes guide to help you with bearings and the major decisions that you’ll make during your playthrough.
Note: For more information, check out our guides and features hub for The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes. Likewise, you can take a look at our full Theatrical Cut walkthrough. Lastly, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes bearings guide – Major decisions that affect Bearings in your playthrough
This guide is based on my Theatrical Cut run. Since I attempted to keep all characters alive, there were certain bearings and major decisions in House of Ashes that I had to follow. That also means that I missed out on other possible outcomes (which may lead to character deaths or longer replays). However, I’ll still try to include everything I’ve encountered while playing. Hopefully, these will help you when it’s time to make decisions.
You can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with:
- Doctor Stokes – This involves Clarice Stokes (aka. Taylor-face).
- Ultraviolet and Infected – This is about the weakness of the creatures and Rachel’s survival.
- Air Support and Semper Fi – The former is tied to a couple of early-game decisions. The latter is about the bond forged between Salim and Jason.
- The Ancient One and Blood – This is regarding a certain character from the prologue, as well as possible injuries that can afflict your characters.
- Until Death – This is all about Rachel and Eric’s relationship. We discuss it in a separate guide since there’s also a hidden scene that’s a treat for players who’ve tried out the previous game.
Note: Several bearings also come into play when you’re trying to hunt for achievements/trophies.