House of Ashes – Doctor Stokes bearing
Let’s talk about the Doctor Stokes bearing in House of Ashes. This refers to Clarice Stokes, Eric King’s assistant (who’s actually using the same facial model as Taylor from Little Hope).
Clarice will be dragged by a creature during Underworld. However, Rachel finds her in a chamber filled with muck during The Truce – Bloodbath. Clarice is already showing signs of illness.
- At the end of Bloodbath, you have the option to help or abandon Clarice. I chose to help her.
- In The Assault, Rachel and Clarice reunite with the group. Rachel can choose the “worried” dialogue options so Clarice can stay. If she doesn’t reply, Jason shoots Clarice in the head and a parasite scurries out of her mouth.
- If Clarice is still with the group during the start of The Horror, Rachel will have the “somber” dialogue option to leave her behind in a separate room.
- If you continue to keep Clarice with the squad, she’ll succumb to her injuries and reanimate while everyone’s fighting the vampires. She’ll end up killing Dar and Eric. Eric’s death at the hands (or jaws) of Clarice nets you the “Full Clearance” achievement.
- However, if you picked the “somber” option and Clarice gets left behind, she’ll reappear at the end of Semper Fi. Eric and Rachel need to fight her via QTE sequences, or she’ll end up killing them.
All right, let’s go to the next part of our House of Ashes guide to talk about the Ultraviolet and Infected bearings.