From desert sands to dark caverns, you’ll try to forge ahead in House of Ashes. Many challenges await you, as well as important decisions that can determine the fates of your characters. Here’s our House of Ashes guide and full Theatrical Cut walkthrough where everyone survives.
Note: For more information, check out our guides and features hub for The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains spoilers.
The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes guide – Everyone survives full walkthrough (Theatrical Cut)
The Dark Pictures: House of Ashes has five main/playable characters. They are Eric, Rachel, Jason, Nick, and Salim. There are also several supporting characters who’ll interact with you during the campaign (i.e., Joey, Clarice, Merwin, and Dar). Anyway, we’ll do our best to keep our main characters alive in House of Ashes. To be clear, while there are a plethora of choices, some might lead to danger or death. As such, we’re not going to explore all possible paths, although I’ll make note of certain instances that deviate from the norm.
In any case, you can refer to the pages below for the parts that you need help with:
- I. Prologue – Cursed, The Briefing, and The Raid
- II. Underworld, Pazuzu, The Temple, and Breaking Up
- III. After the Fall, Slayer, The Truce, and Bloodbath
- IV. The Signal, The Assault, The Horror, and Enemy of my Enemy – Although you’re only halfway through the campaign, the chapters/scenes here are extremely important due to frantic moments and multiple deaths that can occur.
- V. Special Scene, The Ancient One, Brothers, and The City
- VI. Strange Aeons, The Vault, and Semper Fi
- VII. Finale, endings, and mid-credits scenes: Daylight chapter
Note 1: Our House of Ashes walkthrough is subdivided based on chapters. However, there are some chapters that have multiple scenes (with several QTE sequences and important decisions). You can expect these to take you around an hour. Conversely, other chapters simply have a short dialogue sequence that barely lasts five minutes. That’s why we encourage players to create backup saves.
Note 2: We also have other articles that provide more info regarding premonitions/pictures, Randolph’s Journals, bearings/important decisions, character death scenes, secrets/collectibles, and achievements/trophies.