Icarus is a survival game from RocketWerkz. The studio itself is helmed by Dean Hall, the creator of DayZ. It’s set in a world ravaged by terraforming, though the initial zones will mostly remind you of Earth. Our Icarus guides and features hub aims to help you stay alive and progress further.
Note: We’ll continue adding more articles to our Icarus guides and features hub, so stay tuned.
Icarus Guides and Features Hub
Icarus Starter Guides
- Game Modes: Prospects, Outposts, and Offline Play – We discuss the various game modes that you can try out while playing Icarus.
- Photo Mode and Screenshots – Everyone loves Photo Mode, and you can make use of this function in the game.
- Supporter’s Edition Envirosuit – There’s a nifty Envirosuit that you can wear if you pre-ordered the Supporter’s Edition.
- Leveling Guide – This Icarus guide discusses various methods to earn a lot of XP.
- Character Deaths and XP Penalty – We talk about respawns and the penalties you’ll incur if your character gets taken out.
Survival and Crafting Guides
- Building Shelters and Avoiding Exposure – You’ll need to construct shelters to avoid the harsh elements and weather conditions.
- Bedrolls and Spawn Points – It’s possible to have a makeshift spawn point.
- Oxygen and Water – Replenish your oxygen and keep yourself hydrated.
- Hunting and Skinning – Kill animals to obtain meat and other materials like leather, bones, and fur.
- Cooking – Create different kinds of food to keep yourself healthy.
- Arctic Biome Survival – This Icarus guide has several tips to help you survive the frozen wastelands.
- How to Kill Cave Worms – Zones have caverns filled with these poisonous critters.
- Workshop Currency – You can unlock tools that can be added to your loadout in future runs.
- Exotic Farming – One particular mission in the game lets you farm Exotic currency quickly.
- Steel and Gunpowder – Create these components that are used for mid to high-end weaponry.
- Fuel and Grenades – Make the flora and fauna go kaboom!
- Firearms: Pistols, Shotguns, and Rifles – Use guns to take out hostile mobs.
- Livewire Terrain Scan – Scan with your radar and watch out for enemies that suddenly spawn.
- Kill List Extermination – Track down and eliminate a Lethal Predator.
- Icestorm Expedition – Find the components and activate the device.
- Searchlight Scan – You’ll use the radar again, this time in an arctic environment.
- Waterfall Expedition – Confusing tooltips and bugged devices can lead to a lot of frustrations as you trek past a mountain.
- Deep Vein Extraction – Smash those nodes for Exotic currency.
- Payday Extraction – You’re going to have to use Tier 4 devices to mine an underground Exotic deposit.
- Avalanche Expedition – Power up the laser to get through an obstacle.
- El Camino Expedition – Battle a gigantic foe in another buggy mission.
- Hard Mode and Hardcore Missions – Additional challenges and rewards await you.
Icarus is available via Steam.