Klei Entetainment were obviously not happy with the name Ingcognita because the turn-based tactical espionage title has been renamed to Invisible, Inc.
Why the changes? According to Klei focus testers, Invisible, Inc was “better received” than Incognita. Damn those focus groups, I rather liked Incognita. With the new name now in place, there’s also a new alpha gameplay trailer to show how all this espionage stuff works.
Development continues on the game with a recent alpha test update which includes “some design changes to the arc of the game”. The important changes to note are:
- Meta game loop added. Players earn metapoints by ending games, either by a win or a lose. Metapoints are used to unlock new choices.
- New game flow. Random corporation order selection.
- Adjustments to difficulty. Many stat adjustments to level generation and point values of items and abilities.
- “Clean up fee” stealth play incentive.
- Drones have a mainframe hacking option.
If you prefer the new name then you can buy into the early access alpha test now.