The Spinosaurus is one of the dinosaurs that you can have in your theme park. If you’re playing Challenge mode, then the process is certainly more straightforward compared to the requirements for the T-Rex. Here’s our Jurassic World Evolution 2 guide to help you unlock the Spinosaurus via research.
Note: For more information, check out our Jurassic World Evolution 2 guides and features hub.
How to unlock the Spinosaurus in Jurassic World Evolution 2
As usual, our advice is to pick the Challenge mode – Germany (easy) map since you can also obtain most dinos and buildings in a single run. As for the Spinosaurus, you’re going to have to research the genomes of the other beasts first:
- Medium Carnivores 1 (Ceratosaurus) – Automatically available at the start of your run.
- Medium Carnivores 2 (Carnotaurus) – Can be unlocked at the start.
- Piscivores 1 (Baryonyx) – Can be unlocked after getting Medium Carnivores 2.
- Medium Carnivores 4 (Qianzhousaurus) – Can be unlocked after getting Piscivores 1.
- Piscivores 2 (Suchomimus) – Can be unlocked after getting Medium Carnivores 4.
- Piscivores 3 (Spinosaurus) – Requires Piscivores 2 and 3.5-star Park Rating.
That’s all there is to it, a straight line in the Carnivores research tree that leads us to the Spinosaurus. However, you do need to make sure that your scientists gain additional skill points. As you go further along in the research tree, the Genome stat becomes even more important.
Getting the Spinosaurus fossil and hatching it in Jurassic World Evolution 2
The remaining processes to unlock the Spinosaurus are quite expensive. You’ll do the following:
- Science Center – Research the dinosaur’s genome.
- Expedition Center – The nodes are in North Africa.
- Science Center – Check the fossils to complete its genome sequence.
- Hatchery – By default, the Spinosaurus in Jurassic World Evolution 2 has the following perk chances: 75% Intolerant, 50% Thirsty, and 25% Defensive.
- Environment and territory – It prefers forests, water, fish (i.e., Piscivore Feeder), and the Compsognathus.
- Has 1,284 Appeal.