Developer Roll7’s arcade multiplayer “action sport of the future” game laser League will finally release next month.
Laser League pits teams against each other to control nodes which fill the arena with deadly lasers. Players have to avoid their rival’s beams and eliminate the other team. Arenas come with power-ups and there are different 5 different classes to choose from with customisations. Think of it as the gladiatorial sport of the future.
“Early Access has allowed us to get feedback from players and focus on the priorities” said Simon Bennett, studio director, Roll7. “we have worked on bringing new players to the community and delivering new and exciting content. Leaving Early Access is the culmination of a development process that started many years ago and it allows us to get Laser League into the hands of more players, across multiple platforms, so we can answer that call and grow our community.
Once Early Access is complete, the final game will launch on 10 May with the following features:
- 6 unique classes; Blade, Smash, Thief, Ghost, Shock and Snipe
- 16 maps with unique laser patterns
- 15 power-ups with the possibility to drastically alter the match
- 12 modifier effects to adjust each class to best suit your playstyle
- 4 international stadiums packed with cheering fans
- Over 250 unique character customizations
There will be a 40% discount on Steam for launch week (May 10-16).