A new JPRG called Legrand Legacy is coming out of Indonesia courtesy of developer Semisoft and will be arriving on Steam in 2017.
Legrand Legacy is set in a world that’s been torn apart by civil war and players take on the role of Finn. Finn and his six friends set out on a quest to save the world and unravel the secrets within themselves.
Semisoft say that the game has been inspired by JRPG classics such as The Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy, and Suikode. With turn-based combat and quick-time events, this looks like it’s going to tick most boxes for fans of the genre. As the game progresses, players will also amass troops to defend their castle, explore the world of Legrand, complete side quests and more.
We’re bringing this to your attention now as the game was actually greenlit a couple of months ago and it’s only a matter of months away from release. Below are a few videos to fill you in along with a features list.
We’ll be keeping you up to date on Legrand Legacy because this might be one to watch.
Legrand Legacy Features
- A fully immersive experience with detailed universe designs, live2D, and a rich storyline
- 2.5D visuals – 3D models and original assets with stylized hand-drawn 2D backgrounds
- Seriously awesome fully rendered in-game 3D cinematic
- Turn-based combat with Quick Time Event (aka ACT – Action Circle Tempo) that will test your strategies and keep you on your toes
- Put your war general hat on and deploy your troops to wars
- Recruit Non Player Characters (NPCs) to revamp your Headquarters
- Take a detour from the main mission and go on rewarding side quests
- Customize items and grimoire that characters can wield in combat, set combat formation, or review journal to track quests
- Collect loot from slain enemies and craft items or sell them for money
- Expected playtime is more than 30 hours
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.