For those of you that have a Mac, you’re probably like me when someone says “Blah blah, PC play games, blah blah,” and you’re probably thinking “I have a console for gaming” and I’d rather my machine never crashed.As far as PC gamers are concerned, that’s not a valid retort. But now, with more information being released from Valve about Steam for Mac compatibility, you’ll be able to silence those who are intent on making the point PCs are better than Macs.Steam has released the details for the upcoming Valve Mac beta, and these are the most up-to-date details we have:- It will require Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
– Source games for Mac will require Mac OS X 10.5.8 or higher (Leopard), or 10.6.3 or higher (Snow Leopard).
– It will be Intel only, PowerPC will not be supported.
– Buying certain games for PC (or Mac) will include a free license for the other platform. These games will be labeled as such.
– Source will run natively on OpenGL.
– Mac OS X and Windows users will play on the same servers, join the same lobbies, etc.The following games have been confirmed for Mac:- Counter-Strike (presumably Source)
– “The Half-Life Series”
– Left 4 Dead
– Left 4 Dead 2
– Portal 2 (upcoming)
– Team Fortress 2Kudos to Steam for allowing cross platform gaming, that’s going to be awesome.If you’re involved in the beta, then let us know what you think. We’ll be test running it too.