Warner and Avalanche have released Patch 4 for Mad Max. This update comes with a load of general game fixes including fixes for map issues, camera fixes, resolution saving problems and more.
The main point to note if you’re wanting another way to play the game is that this update also brings Steam Controller support for the first time. The Windows version specific patch notes can be found below.
General Updates for All Platforms:
- Map improvements and fixes.
- Fixed a problem with a draw bridge’s winch in Great Watcher.
- Fixed an instance where The Jaw’s locks couldn’t be destroyed.
- Fixed several issues involving projects in Strongholds
- Improved performance in several locations
- Corrected a couple of annoying softlock issues
- Corrected how Warcriers would suddenly stop doing their job if Max would leave the area and then come back without disposing of them.
- Fixed a camera problem in some instances
- Fixed an instance where Insignias wouldn’t be accurately tracked after being destroyed.
- Polish of collision meshes against the certain terrain and objects
- Fixed a couple of persistent UI issues
- Corrected the momentary inability to use Fast Travel after certain Wasteland Missions.
- General bug fixes
Win64 Specific Updates:
- Steam Controller support added to the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Resolution defaulted to a lower setting. Saves should now retain the player selected Resolution.
- Fixed an issue where overall volume remained low after adjusting Volume settings.
- Fixed a problem with the Refresh Rate setting being reset to 24hz with the previous patch. Those settings now correctly persist through updates.
- Fixed a problem with remaining stuck in Jeet’s Stronghold after completing the Dinki-Di’s mission in some cases.
- Fixed a UI conflict issue for Settings not being saved when selecting an option with the mouse and then using the keyboard to change and confirm the change.
- Implemented a Virtual Keyboard for when accessing WBPlay credentials fields with a controller.
- Implemented a smoother loading screen transition across the screens when using a multiple screens display setup.
- Fixed missing images for certain keyboard functions in the Keymapping Options Menu.
- Corrected instances where the Pause menu would display incorrect control labels when switching between Keyboard+Mouse controls and a Controller.
- Fixed a navigation restriction problem after using Escape to exit certain menu panels.
- Fixed the problem with accessing a Challenge Category once that category was completed.
- Polished controls in the Map screen to avoid having the “Action” control result in placing a Marker in the map.
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.