Marvel Heroes recently celebrated one year of superhero ARPG action and to close out the celebrations there’s all kinds of things going on in the game.
Twelve key celebratory events are now taking place in the game and these include:
- Return of the Reaper – Every few hours, a different game mode will have increased loot, rotating between Terminals, Midtown, and X-Defense and Holo-Sim.
- Legendary BOGO – BOGO for heroes and costumes are back along with a 15% bonus G sale.
- Even More Cowbell – Log in on Saturday, 6/28 for a Cosmic Cow King Crate. Loot for the Bovineheim and Confidential Bovine Sector will also be increased!
- Devs with Benefits – Play with the devs, ask them questions & receive codes for mystery gifts.
- Runes Reloaded – Drop rates for the rarest of runes have been increased as well as sale values.
- World Cup Fever – Collect flags from the various World Cup countries for a special item.
- Cosmic Chaos – Cosmic Doop spawn rate has been increased and will drop random a Cosmic Medallion and Cosmic Ring. Cosmic Penta Boosts also make a comeback in the store.
- Summer BBQ – Collect summer BBQ drops including hot dogs and Omega Red Ketchup.
- Alpha Omega – Earn more Omega Orbs as rewards for Shared Quests are tripled and are 10% easier to acquire. Log in each day to receive an extra Omega Orb.
- Teamwork 101 – Team Insignias drop rates will be increased, Team-Up Heroes will deal increased damage and all Team-Up Heroes prices will be 20% off! Log in each day and receive an Epic S.H.I.E.L.D. Team-Up gear.
- Accidents Happen – Server side rarity boost will have a few unexpected increases at random times through each day, lasting anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes.
- Old School – Hero Tokens for any hero have a small chance of dropping across the game.
When the game was released last year thought it might be a good idea to hold off on a review because there was a lot still to add to the game. A year on and the game has changed quite a lot and so we’re currently checking it out now that it’s been “relaunched” as Marvel Heroes 2015. Watch out for our thoughts on the game soon.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.