Captain Marvel is one of the superheroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. An absolute powerhouse, she can decimate an entire squad of hostiles in just a few moves. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Captain Marvel build guide to help you with the best cards and abilities for the character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Captain Marvel cards and build guide
Tank and Blast
Captain Marvel can be considered a tank class character in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. She has several actions that can taunt and block to negate enemy hits. Likewise, she relies on her Binary passive to boost her offensive attacks. Once you play three Captain Marvel cards, the Go Binary Card will appear in your hand. This free-to-use/zero cost action significantly increases her attack, grants extra perks to abilities, and adds a ton of Block value. Just remember that this state will persist until she loses all her Block.
- Passive: Didn’t Feel a Thing – Chance to gain Counter when you KO your foes.
Best Attack Cards
- Quick Jab+
- Taunt; Quick; has Knockback if Binary is active.
- Ideally, you should have a couple of these.
- Knee Strike+
- Taunt; gain Block equal to damage dealt.
- Not as useful as Quick Jab, but you might as well have one in any case.
Best Skill Cards
- Bring It On+
- Taunt all enemies in an area; gain +1 Counter; gain +2 Resist if Binary is active.
- This is one of the best Captain Marvel cards in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. With it, you can soak the hits from hostiles, and then shoot/punch them afterward.
- One Step Ahead+
- Draw Captain Marvel cards until you have four in your hand.
- Another amazing skill to add to your deck. If you don’t have Carol’s cards in your hand, this ensures that you’ll have several for use.
Best Heroic Cards
- Go Binary
- As explained earlier, this is completely free to activate once you’ve played three Captain Marvel cards in a battle.
- Photon Beam+
- Damage and taunt enemies in a straight line; increased effect width.
- Also one of the best Captain Marvel abilities in the game. This covers a straight line from one end of the map to the other.
- Rain of Blows+
- Consume all Heroism to deal X damage per point; consumes all Block.
- This is your boss killer. If you have someone who can generate a lot of Heroism, pop this to lay waste to your target.
- Supernova+ (Legendary/Heroic)
- Damage each enemy in an area; increased AoE.
- Supernova has a fairly low cost (+2 Heroism), so you can cast it while leaving some leftover points for your teammates.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns best Captain Marvel build summary
- Pray that you get a lot of Captain Marvel cards in your hand when the battle starts, or have One Step Ahead ready.
- Use three cards to Go Binary, though you might want to hold off in case multiple enemy attacks will have you losing all your Block value when it’s not even your turn.
- Bring It On can easily eliminate opponents. Just be sure that you are already in the Binary state so that you gain the bonus Resist.
- Captain Marvel can be paired with heroes that can do setups (i.e., Magik), those that can grant Counter (i.e., Nico), or anyone with a healing spell.
- However, she works best with Doctor Strange thanks to the Agamotto’s Gaze spell. With it, she can attack a couple of times, and then have those cards redrawn back to your hand.
- Lastly, while Iron Man does have decent perks, his crowd-clearing ability, Surgical Strike, needs a bunch of his own cards in your hand to maximize its effectiveness. Worse, his redraw-reliant playstyle might mean that those Captain Marvel cards won’t pop up when you need them most.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.