There are several items that can be handed over to your teammates in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. In turn, you’ll be able to increase your Friendship Level XP. Take care, though, because they might not like the stuff you’re presenting them. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns best gifts guide to help you with the favorite gifts of each hero.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns gifts guide – The best gifts to give to your heroes
How to obtain and give gifts
Here’s the gist when it comes to handing gifts to your teammates in Marvel’s Midnight Suns:
- The option to offer them to characters will appear whenever you invite them to a Hangout (nighttime) or Haven (daytime) activity. Try to avoid skipping the dialogue since you could also end up skipping the gift-giving option.
- To get more gifts in the game, you’ll want to take note of the following:
- Environment items – Objects are scattered all over the Abbey, and some of these can be shared as presents.
- Cauldron crafting – Once you have access to Agatha’s Cauldron, some reagents can be used to craft gifts.
- Gift Shop – The most reliable method, however, is the Gift Shop. Once you increase your Team Friendship Level (i.e., increase the Friendship Levels of each hero individually), this special shelf will appear between the Yard and the Forge.
- The items here can be purchased using Gloss, the currency that comes from missions.
- As you increase the Team Friendship rank, more options will become available, up to a maximum of three.
- You can buy as many as you’d like, and the selection will reset the next day.
Ideal gifts to give
When thinking of the best gifts to give to heroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, you’ll have to consider the context clues shown in the item description. The most obvious ones are the hero’s own comic books. Likewise, the descriptions might state that an item is for those “recovering from childhood trauma,” “comes from X country,” or is about an event that “occurred in X period.”
Here are more tidbits:
- Hate, Like, or Love – Based on the context clues, characters can dislike, like, or love the items that you provide them. For instance, “The Unauthorized Biography of Captain Marvel” has some unflattering details that will piss off Carol Danvers, but Blade’s totally cool with it since he’s got a crush on her.
- Rarity – The higher the rarity, the more Friendship XP you’ll earn.
- Legendaries – Each legendary gift has one specific hero that loves them, so you should only present it to that person. You can, however, earn duplicates of these from the Gift Shop whenever it cycles its wares.
- Haven Boost – Friendship XP is boosted in Havens. As such, it’s better to give rare/epic gifts during Hangouts so you can save the legendary gifts when you’re in Havens (unless you’ve already got multiple copies).
Character favorite gifts
Here’s a quick and handy list of the best gifts to give to heroes in Marvel’s Midnight Suns based on what I’ve seen in-game:
|Iron Man||Candle: Sports Car Interior |
Snack Box: Luxury Bites
Iron Man Fanfic Anthology
Tales of Suspense #39 – Iron Man’s first appearance
|Doctor Strange||Candle: Bone |
Human Anatomy Vol. IV
|Captain Marvel||Candle: Jet Fuel |
Captain Marvel #1 – 2012
|Blade||The Unauthorized Biography of Captain Marvel |
Tomb of Dracula #10
|Nico Minoru||Candle: Grave Dirt |
Dark Beauty: A Gothic Coloring Book
|Magik||Snack Box – World’s Grossest Candy |
Nineteenth Century Russian Poetry
The Uncanny X-Men #160
|Ghost Rider||Candle: Beachy Waves |
Serenity: Calming Your Inner Demon
All-New Ghost Rider #1
|Spider-Man||Music Box: Face It Tiger |
Amazing Fantasy #!15
|Captain America||Snackbox: Premium MREs |
Tactics of the Ancients
Premium Sketchbook – Made in AMERICA
|Wolverine||Snack Box: Root Beers of Canada |
Madripoor in PicturesThe Incredible Hulk #181 – This is Hulk’s comic, but it’s also Wolverine’s first appearance.
|Scarlet Witch||Music Box: On the Slopes of Wundagore |
The X-Men #4 – Currently untested, but Scarlet Witch
Apart from the above, there are also several rare and epic quality items that are loved by multiple characters:
- Lessons in Leadership by Lt. Col. James Rhodes – Iron Man, Captain America, Captain Marvel.
- Growing Up With Trauma – Surprisingly, everyone has their own tragic backstory.
- Snack Box: 1,000 Jellybeans – Everyone.
- Snack Box: Fresh and Fruity – Everyone except Wolverine.
- Dealing With Difficult Co-Workers – Loved by all characters since it deals with conflict within a group, which is definitely a common theme in the game.
- Candle: Freshly Mowed Grass – Loved by almost everyone.
- Candle: Leather and Mahogany – Loved by almost everyone.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.