Marvel’s Midnight Suns has the Standing Stones puzzle in the Abbey Grounds. You may have passed by the location without knowing what to do with it, at least early on in the game. Later, though, you’ll have the means to complete these optional tasks. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Standing Stones puzzle guide to help you with the solution so you can obtain more Legendary Arcane Chests.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Standing Stones puzzle and Legendary Arcane Chests guide
The Standing Stones puzzle in Marvel’s Midnight Suns can be found northeast of the Abbey (seen in the featured image). You won’t be able to do anything just yet since there are a few requirements:
- You should have Word of Power: Open already, as that’s part of the Agatha Harkness segments in the Abbey.
- You’ll then need to find the Elemental Rods so they can be placed in Agatha’s Altar. You’ll receive your second Moon Seal here.
- From there, travel northeast, unbarring the large rocks that are blocking your path. You’ll come across a clearing with the Standing Stones, but the platform in the center isn’t active yet.
- Make your way to the nearby Blood Gate when it’s nighttime. Complete the challenge therein, which involves beating up some mobs and surviving for four turns.
- You’ll then be able to explore the cave and place the Moon Seal on the plinth. This nets you Word of Power: Reveal.
- Return to the Standing Stones are and use Reveal to start the puzzle.
You’ll notice that the runes/gylphs on the rocks are visible. Your goal now is to press each one in the correct order. But, wait, how would you know what the exact order is? Well, the solution is all the way back in the Abbey.
Specifically, you’ll want to head to the chapel, which is the southernmost room. Check the wall and you should see a set of five runes. Take a screenshot or use Photo Mode just in case the symbols are different in your playthrough.
In my case, I got “A” -> Mushroom -> “V” -> Triangle -> Boat. As such, I just interacted with each rock until all were lit.
Do it right and you’ll solve the first Standing Stones puzzle in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, which will spawn a Legendary Arcane Chest at your location. Open it to receive some nifty cosmetics.
Do take note that there are two more sets of cryptographic clues in the game. If you interact with the stones in the proper order, you’ll spawn two additional Legendary Arcane Chests in Marvel’s Midnight Suns.
- Agatha’s Cottage – You can find Agatha’s Cottage in the northeast region of the map. You should be able to go there with only the Open and Reveal powers unlocked. You’ll also go to this spot while looking for the Moon Seal Fragments. In any case, the sequence I had was: “A” -> Triangle -> Mushroom -> “V” -> Boat.
- Lilith’s Garden Basement – You’ll reach this area upon completing all previous requirements to get Word of Power: Break. Check the back of the room in the basement and destroy the wall to see the glyph combination. Funnily enough, I got the same combination as the first one: “A” -> Mushroom -> “V” -> Triangle -> Boat.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.