Spider-Man’s nemesis, Venom, will be able to join your Marvel’s Midnight Suns. However, there are a few requirements, starting with a DLC purchase, followed by campaign progression. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide to help you unlock Venom in the Redemption DLC.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub. Likewise, please be reminded that this guide contains minor spoilers.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns guide – How to unlock Venom (Redemption DLC)
There are a few ways to own the Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom DLC:
- You can grab the Redemption DLC as a standalone purchase.
- You’ve got the Season Pass, which will make the four DLC heroes available upon each individual release.
- You’ve got the Legendary Edition, which happens to include the Season Pass, as well as several cosmetic skins.
- Related: It was revealed in a recent livestream that there’s a bonus mission if you complete the story missions of all DLC heroes.
Next, the game should update when you launch Steam. Once that’s done, check if the Redemption DLC is active in your Marvel’s Midnight Suns library panel. If it isn’t, you may need to restart Steam.
In-game requirements to unlock Venom
To unlock Venom in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, you’ll need to progress further in the campaign, but there are some caveats:
- The hard requirement is to complete The Bell Tolls mission, which is where you manage to beat Venom in the church tower.
- The following mission, Shattering Expectations, might also be required, but I’m not sure yet.
- A mission called The Devil’s Due will appear in the New York tab of the mission board. This is the mission where Venom joins the roster (more on this below).
- If you’re already at the final stages of the campaign, then The Devil’s Due will pop up on the mission board.
- If you’re in the middle of a New Game+ save and Venom isn’t unlocked yet, then you’ll have to progress further until you finish The Bell Tolls.
The Devil’s Due mission
In this mission to unlock Venom in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, you’ll only use the Hunter and Spider-Man. You’ll be fighting Blood Venom, who has the same abilities, plus Frenzy (he’ll automatically attack every couple of actions). Take him out twice, and watch out for Vampyre reinforcements.
Once that’s done, Mephisto shows up, and he goads Spider-Man into accepting his proposal: he’ll remove Eddie Brock’s daemonic and vampiric curses in exchange for your team eliminating the Vampyre threat. This leads to the second part of the mission where Venom joins your squad. You’ll be able to use his devastating abilities and the Ravenous mechanic.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.