If you own the Redemption DLC, then you’ll be able to unlock Venom in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. From there, you’ll have him join missions, make use of his abilities, and you might even become best buds. Here’s our Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best gifts and best hangouts guide to help you max out your Friendship Level with this character.
Note: For more information, check out our Marvel’s Midnight Suns guides and features hub.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns Venom best gifts and best hangouts guide
After Venom joins your roster in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, he’ll be at the default Friendship Level 0. As such, you’ve got your work cut out for you. You’ll have to do various activities to boost it further:
- Sparring (every four days/missions).
- Compliments (as long as you have them).
- Have Venom join missions with the Hunter in the team.
- Haven (once per character).
- Hangouts (only at night; slightly RNG-based if it pops up, though make sure you bring Venom in missions to increase the chances).
- And, of course, gifts.
Best gifts for Venom
I’ve listed the best gifts for Venom in Marvel’s Midnight Suns. The list is incomplete since I haven’t gotten his character-specific item to pop up yet, and some haven’t been tested. I do want to thank all the Reddit users who replied to my post. I listed several gift and Hangout results based on early tests, and peeps added more info.
- Serenity: Calming Your Inner Demon = Loved
- Candle: Beachy Waves = Loved
- Snack Box: Meat-o-phile = Loved
- Snack Box: 1000 Jellybeans = Loved
- Dealing with Difficult Co-workers = Loved (seems to be the case for all heroes when it comes to this particular item)
- Snack Box: Luxury Bites = Liked
- Snack Box: Rootbeers of Canada = Liked
- Amazing Fantasy #15 (Spider-Man’s first appearance) = Liked
- Advanced Photography = Liked
- Premium Sketchbook = Liked
- Pictures of Madripoor = Liked
- Dark Beauty: Gothic Coloring Book = Liked
- Human Anatomy Vol. 4 = Liked
- Music Box: On the Slopes of Wundagore = Liked
- Music Box: Transcendental Chimes = Liked
- Music Box: O Danny Boy = Liked
- Snack Box: World’s Grossest Candy = Disliked
- Music Box: Face it Tiger (Mary Janes) = Disliked
Best Hangouts and Havens for Venom
As for Hangouts, as mentioned earlier, it’s a bit random when you’ll get the option to pop up. It usually occurs after every two missions, and has a higher chance of showing up if you bring Venom along. You do get to choose from three activities, so try to pick those that are “Loved” followed by those that are only “Liked.” Lastly, remember that Havens are one-time use (i.e., each location can only be used once and each hero can only be brought to a single Haven for the entire game). Pick the Haven with the matching activity to maximize the bonuses.
- Picnic = Loved
- Having a Drink = Loved
- Playing Cards = Loved
- Working Out = Loved
- Fishing = Loved
- Pool Lounging = Loved
- Painting = Likedff
- Picking Mushrooms = Liked
- Exploring the Grounds = Liked
- Watching a Movie = Liked
- Playing Video Games = Liked
- Birdwatching = Liked
- Deep Conversation = Disliked
- Stargazing = Disliked
- Meditation = Disliked
Related: Maxing out Venom’s Friendship Level unlocks his unique challenge for the Assimilation Legendary Card.
Marvel’s Midnight Suns is available via Steam.