A new day brings the Minecraft snapshot 14w04a update which includes a few important things players should be aware of.
New in this update you’ll find that bushes can now catch fire, buttons can be placed on ceilings and floors, and most importantly, it’s got “Seecret Changes”. Here’s the low-down on this update.
Notable additions for survival:
- Item frames can give off a signal detected by Comparators.
- Lots of changes to villager AI. Some of them now actually do stuff!
- Looting now gives 1% chance of rare loot per level
- Iron Golems/Zombie Pigmen now drop items on normal kills
- You can now spawn Iron Golems/Snow Golems/Withers with dispensers + pumpkin/skulls respectively
- Bushes can now catch fire
- Buttons can now be placed on ceiling/floors
- Seecret Changes
- Balancing tweaks!
Notable additions for mapmakers:
- New command /particle to show particle effects in the world. It can also be relative to entities. Example:
/particle lava ~ ~1 ~ 1 1 1 0.5 2 @e[type=Chicken]
- Added the ability to filter block types in the /fill command, but only if it’s used to fill in replace mode with “normal” blocks. It does not work when filling with block entities. Syntax:
/fillreplace [filterBlockName] [filterData]
- Fixed most of the remaining issues with the /clone command, for example chest orientation.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.