With Minecraft being so popular it’s hardly surprising that a new edition for Windows 10 will be released.
Minecraft recently tipped over 20 million copies sold on the PC and thankfully all those 20 million purchasers will be able to download the Windows 10 edition for free from the Windows 10 store.
This new version will be going into a beta phase from 29 July because Mojang say “it’s not quite finished” and it will “become more fun over time”. New players will also be able to pick up the Windows 10 version during the beta period for $10.
Mojang picked out a few highlights that will appear in this Windows 10 edition:
- Craft, create, and explore online with up to seven friends playing Windows 10 Edition Beta, through local multiplayer or with your Xbox Live friends online.
- Play online and local multiplayer with other Pocket Edition players thanks to a free update, due to arrive soon after launch.
- Multiple control schemes! Switch between controller, touch, and keyboard controls with little to no effort!
- Record and share gameplay highlights with built-in GameDVR.
- Help shape the future of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta with our built player feedback mechanisms!
- Chickens, zombies, pigs, boats, armed skeletons, potatoes, zombies, baby squids, enchantment tables, villagers, naked sheep, iron golems, potions, ghasts, pickaxes, carrots, and all the weird and wonderful goodness you’ve come to expect from Minecraft.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.