Do you have concerns about paid mods in Steam? Well, a modder has laid out the arguments for why Steam’s action is a bad idea, or at the very least, badly executed.
To put it simply:
- The move has set gamers vs modders.
- Moneygrabbers will take advantage with small, unsupported, expensive mods.
- It creates a ‘microtransaction hell’ for consumers and modders alike.
- People will be stealing other modders’ work and sell them.
- The return policy for mods is full of holes.
- Finally, it will hurt community mod sites like Nexus Mods.
These problems are not absolute, but they are cause for concern. You can read the whole argument here and tell us what you think below.