Call of Duty: Modern Warfare has received a hotfix across all platforms today. This hotfix is a little underwhelming, but it does show some promise in the few things it addresses, most notably the 725 shotgun. The shotgun that everyone hates but still uses has received its third nerf. But the AUG got a buff to balance things out.
Shotty down, again
The Modern Warfare hotfix reduces the base weapon damage range of the 725 shotgun and significantly lowers the damage ranged attachments give. This is going to make the weapon feel more like a shotgun and less like a makeshift sniper rifle. The hip spread has been increased and effective damage at the hip reduced. This will force players to be more accurate when firing the weapon even at close ranges due to pellet spread. This also forces ADS in some situations, which gives machine gun players a moment to kill before getting blown back. Let’s hope this is the end of the 725 being the most powerful weapon in the game.
The Model 680 also got a reduction to its damage range with range-extending attachments. This shotgun hasn’t seen nearly as much disdain as the 725, but it was still a little annoying to get mapped by it.
The AUG is a very underpowered SMG in Modern Warfare that got some love in this new hotfix. The gun wavered when compared to the MP5 and MP7. Now it has received increased close-range damage and increased mid-damage range. It did get a reduced chest multiplier, but hopefully the other two buffs will level that out.
Modern Warfare challenges are getting better, plus more fixes
Some Modern Warfare missions and challenges have been fixed to track progress. These are the ones addressed:
• “Warrior’s Code”
• Officer progression “Launch Destroys”
• Officer progression “Heartbreaker”
• Officer progression ”Precision Airstrike”
• Officer progression: “Karma”
• Officer progression “Close and Personal”
Some of the general things addressed in this hotfix:
- Special Operations: Fix for an issue where a player would see no objective after retrying a mission after spectating (Operation Paladin)
- CDL: Fix for rulesets in Search and Destroy where Field Upgrades were disabled
- Fix for an exploit where players could duplicate their killstreaks (“Fix for various exploits”)
- Fix for the “Blue V” Optic challenge not displaying the proper text description
- Fix misspelling of “trophy”
- Fixed a bug that could cause the filter on the respawn selection screen to stay on screen when spawning back in
- Fix for an issue where the Select Loadout screen would keep reappearing after already selecting a loadout and attempting to spawn back in