Dark Souls 2 is the hot game this week on the PC but it’s not been an easy ride for everyone due to various game issues.
The problem that’s been frustrating some potential player is the game crashing when it starts. Namco say they are “aware” of the problem and hope to have it sorted out as fast as possible. We were hoping that it would have been resolved by now so held off a little on posting this. Sadly it’s not been resolved as yet but they did issue a lenghty post which includes links to workarounds which have not worked for everyone.
The list of issues were posted in the Steam forums and are as follows:
Game crashes upon start-up
- We are currently investigating and escalating this issue.
- Some possible work-arounds can be found here: (https://steamcommunity.com/app/236430/discussions/0/558754259683457381/) Thank you Keys for the post.
- This issue has been identified and the team is working on a fix. We’ll keep everyone informed once we know a date/time.
Reports of some previously VAC banned players are unable to play online in Dark Souls II
- We are aware of this issue and have escalated it to the relevant parties.
- We will continue to update this space as we have more information.
Dark Souls II does not recognize or take input from my controller
- If you are experiencing this problem, try the following:
“Open up Device Manager and under Human Interface Devices, right click and disable all HID-compliant game controllers, and if you have a G13 disable the Logitch G13 Joystick. Restart the game and it should work.
You may also need to disable any virtual HID-compliant game controllers as well.” Thank you Megabound for the post.
- If you continue to experience this issue, please get in touch with our support team and let them know what controller you are trying to use. We’ll do our best to assist you from there.
- We will continue to update this space with more information on this issue.
I do not know where my pre-order bonuses are
- “Should be located in “x:SteamSteamAppscommonDark Souls IIDARK SOULS™?- DIGITAL EXTRAS” if you have it. Make sure you have the preorder content listed under the games dlc as well.” Thank you Cute Little Girl for the post.
- We will continue to update this space with more information as we have it. If you still don’t have access to your pre-order items, please get in touch with our support team.
- If you are experiencing any other technical issues with Dark Souls II please get in touch with our support team so we can properly document your experiences.
We feel for you guys because it’s really rather good.