We’re not surprised by this port being less than perfect based on previous Naruto PC releases. PC players are today discovering there’s plenty of issues with Naruto: Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 4.
Where to start with this one? First up is the frame rate being locked down at 30 which is poor in this day and age and there’s a real lack of graphics options. There’s reports of crashing from Nvidia users, game crashes, AMD users are experiencing a DX11 device creation error, game is not defaulting to dedicated graphics for some Nvidia GTX GPUs, low framrates, and probably more that are yet to surface.
A feedback thread is now being monitored by Bandai Namco on Steam which is just as well because their own forums are useless for support.
A fix to speed the game’s lagging issues in-game has been posted by a player this afternoon so this might help with that problem…
- Right click on your desktop, and select “NVIDIA Control Panel”
- Click “Manage 3D Settings.”
- Click the “Program Settings” tab, using option 1 “Select a program to customize” and find the game.
- Under option 2 “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program:” you want to select “High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Click apply, it may take 30 seconds or so for the settings to apply.
It’s another day for dodgy PC releases it seems. Hopefully Bandai Namco will pull their finger out and get all of these issues fixed sharpish.