After a false start earlier today, Warner has now released the “interim” Batman: Arkham Knight patch for those who already own the game on Steam.
This patch is the same one they’ve been testing for the past couple of weeks and addresses the following issues with the game.
- Reduced frame rate hitches
- Optimizations for system memory and VRAM usage
- Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
- More Comprehensive In-Game Settings
- Fixed low resolution texture bugs
- Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)
In addition to the above, we’re continuing to work on the following for future updates:
- Adding support for SLI and Crossfire
- Adding support for the latest DLC & Season Pass content
- Adding support for additional updates such as Photo Mode
- Continued improvements and bug fixing for a Windows 7 specific memory issue that occurs on configurations with 8GB of system RAM and some NVIDIA GPUs during extended game play
- Continued improvements for Windows 10 specific issues on systems with some AMD GPUsAs always, we will monitor for any additional issues that come up and will provide further optimizations and bug fixes along the way.We would like to thank everyone for their patience and invaluable feedback. We’ll provide ongoing updates here as they are made available. In the meantime, please enjoy the game with the latest patch.
This is by no means the final patch for Batman: Arkham Knight as you can see from the notes. It’s still not available to purchase on Steam and there’s no exact date when the game will finally be fixed.
If you have the game let us know if this patch has improved things for you.