Ahead of Dawn of War 3’s release on 27 April, you can get hold of some new GeForce drivers for your Nvidia GPU. This driver set, 381.89, also has support for Heroes of the Storm 2.0 (out today), and a couple of VR titles.
Those VR games are Batman: Arkham VR and Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality. Will they ever make a non-VR Rick and Morty title on PC? Hopefully! But that day has not yet come.
Here are the highlights for the release of 381.89.
New feature and fixes in driver 381.89
Game Ready – Provides the optimal gaming experience for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Heroes of the Storm 2.0, Batman: Arkham VR, Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality, and Wilson’s Heart.
- [Sniper Elite 3]: The game crashes. 
- [Notebook][eDP panel]: Blue-screen (code 3B) occurs followe by the Recovery screen during software unbundling process. 
- [GeForce GTX 1060]: Blue-screen crash occurs pointing to driver (Nvlddmkm.sys) after the system reboots from sleep mode. 
- GPU idling voltage has increased. 
Important Open Issues
- [GeForce Experience]: Driver installation may fail when attempting to perform a driver overinstall. To workaround, perform a clean installation.
- [SLI][GeForce GTX 1080][Battlefield 1 XP1]: With SLI enabled, corruption appears in the game when switching between full-screen and windowed mode. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Mass Effect: Andromeda]: Random memory errors may occur when playing the game. 
- [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][Sid Meirie’s Civilization VI][G-Sync/SLI/DirectX 12]: Black corruption appears while entering the in-game menu after skipping the cutscene. 
- [GeForce GTX Titan X][Ansel][Ghost Recon Wild lands]: With FXAA enabled from the NVIDIA Control Panel, the application crashes when enabling the in-game Ansel UI. 
- Error code 43 appears in the Device Manager after installing the driver with HDMI display connected. 
- [Pascal][Notebook]: The display remains blank while over installing the driver, requiring a reboot.