Oculus is finally moving onto the high street with their VR headset.
After all the fuss surrounding pre-order delays, the Rift has made it into shops in the UK from today. The headset is now available at retailers such as John Lewis, Curry’s PCWorld, GAME Digital Plc., London department store, Harrods and online via Amazon. The price is £549 and comes with Lucky’s Tale. Demo titles at launch includeThe Climb, award-winning VR film: Henry, planetary experience: Farlands and the Dreamdeck.
GAME also let us know that Rift demos are available at the following locations and the kit is available from today in stores. A demo station can also be found via the Oculus Live page.
- GAME Manchester Trafford, intu Trafford Centre, M17 8DF 22nd Sept
- GAME West Thurrock, Lakeside Shopping Centre, Essex, RM20 2ZQ 23rd Sept
- GAME Metro Centre, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9YG 23rd Sept
- GAME Bluewater, Kent, DA9 9SP 23rd Sept
- GAME Glasgow (Union St), Glasgow, G1 3RB 23rd Sept
- GAME Nottingham (Victoria), Victoria Centre, NG1 3QN 24th Sept
- GAME Stratford, Westfield, London, E15 2EN 24th Sept
- GAME Watford, Harlequin Shopping Centre, WD17 2TH 24th Sept
- GAME Merry Hill, Merry Hill Centre, West Midlands, DY5 1SR 25th Sept
- GAME Cardiff, Capital Retail Park, CF11 8AZ 25th Sept
Our advice is to hold off until VR improves, it’s just not worth the price at the moment.