Iceberg Interactive’s turn based 4X strategy Oriental Empires now has its own Steam page and it’s coming to Early Access.
After years of development behind closed doors, the game will be unleashed at some point early next year as an Early Access title and the Steam page can now be monitored for further updates.
If you’ve not been following this one, it’s a strategy that promises to recreate the civilizations of ancient China where players are challenged to build a great empire by creating cities, raising armies and researching advance technologies. Fans of Total War should probably take a look at this one.
To celebrate the EA news here’s a new trailer and shots.
- Start out as a single nation or tribe, starting from humble beginnings with a single settlement and expand your empire and develop your culture with the aim of becoming the universally recognized Son of Heaven and ruler of the world.
- Persuade the other factions to recognize you as such by either military force, or by diplomatic persuasion.
- Play as one of 16 different factions each with their own special bonuses or penalties.
- Vast beautifully rendered map featuring an attractive and authentic depiction of the landscape of China and Mongolia.
- Large scale battles with hundreds or thousands of soldiers, depicted in detail right on the game map. Watch skilled armies and reinforcements go to battle, according to the battle orders and formations set by the player.
- Fully animated 3D models, with variations in face and clothing for each model, including infantry, cavalry, chariot and artillery units, as well as naval forces.
- Long seamless zoom range lets you step right into the game world or zoom out for a strategic overview.
- Develop your settlements by constructing buildings and developing the landscape around them, build markets and ports to enable trade by land and water.
- Elaborate research tree including technology as well as cultural, philosophical and religious developments.
- Many other elements will determine the outcome of you quest for dominance such as Leaders, Sieges, Unrest and Rebellion, and Authority and Culture ratings.
- As Emperor, set edicts, laws and decrees to balance power and move into a glorious new Era, with new technologies and military units that change the game.
For more on Oriental Empires head to the official website.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.