The speculation over what Blizzard has been cooking up for the Diablo franchise is over and there was an abundance of news but all of it was related to Diablo 3.
As expected, Blizzard the revealed of the Necromancer class which is based on the Diablo 2 Necromancer. The class will be released next year as part of a character pack.
The most interesting additions is The Darkening of Tristram. Blizzard is adding a 16 level dungeon to the game based on Diablo 1. All the main bosses from the first game will be making an appearance including the original Diablo.
Blizzard’s Frank Pearce said, “Art and sound harken back to 20 years ago, special graphic filters to make the graphics pixelated and grainy. Character movement locked to 8 directions.”
Pearce also said the best way to experience the new levels is to roll a new character but all the current characters can undertake the challenge.
A patch will appear on the PTR next week for these new levels and more details will be available later today as part of their Diablo 20th anniversary celebrations.
Finally, next year will rel3ase two new zones for Diablo 3, for everyone who has Reaper of Souls. These will be the d Shrouded Moors and Temple of the First Born. These will be released for free.
For more reaction to the news, head to Diabloii.net.
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 OVERVIEW:
It’s been 20 years since the original heroes of Sanctuary — the Warrior, Rogue, and Sorcerer — first descended into the labyrinth beneath Tristram’s Cathedral. At BlizzCon 2016, the legacy of Diablo lives on! In the coming year, we’ll be celebrating the series’ legacy by releasing a thrilling assortment of updates to the acclaimed action role-playing game.
Diablo III will pay homage to its roots with a special 20th Anniversary Dungeon that will transport players to the dark and gritty labyrinth from the original Diablo. Diablo III also welcomes its newest playable hero—the Necromancer!
DIABLO III: REAPER OF SOULS @ BLIZZCON 2016 FEATURES:
20th Anniversary Dungeon: The original Diablo labyrinth is back in Diablo III form.
- Nostalgia Can Be Deadly: Recreated the events, monsters, and levels from the original Diablo.
- Fresh(ened up) Meat: Original Diablo, The Butcher, Skeleton King, and Lazarus return as epic boss fights.
- Presented in Glorious RetroVision™: Special ‘90s-inspired audio and visual filters for that “classic” look.
The Necromancer: Wield the power of the dead with Diablo III’s newest playable hero class.
- Master of the Dark Arts: Her magic draws from the power of blood and bone.
- The Old Skills and the New: Command an Army of the Dead, control a mighty Blood Golem… and make all the corpses EXPLODE!
- Necromantic Sets and Legendaries: The Necromancer will be able to collect many rare treasures of unearthly power, including new Legendaries and Set items.
- Rise of the Necromancer Pack will include the character, an in-game pet, two character slots, two stash tabs, a portrait frame, pennant, banner and banner sigil. (Pricing TBD)
Explore Deadly New Zones: The foul stench of evil continues to spread across Sanctuary.
- Shrouded Moors: This harsh, inhospitable land has been abandoned for centuries. But something stirs within its perpetual fog—as though a dark presence has taken hold.
- Temple of the Firstborn: An ancient monument to the earliest nephalem. The temple is hidden beneath the surface of Sanctuary, where it has escaped the notice of most mortals.Seasons Coming to Console: Console and PC Seasons will align in Season 10
- Console Seasons will include the Season Journey, Leaderboards, and all rewards and cosmetics.
For more details about Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, visit http://www.diablo3.com/reaperofsouls.