The missions and combat in Othercide will test you. Still, death is only the beginning. Outside of being able to resurrect fallen Daughters, Othercide also has the Remembrances feature which lets you obtain some boosts in successive playthroughs. Here’s our Remembrances guide to help you out.
Note: For more information, check out our Othercide guides and features hub.
Othercide: Recollections and Remembrances guide
Try to familiarize yourself with the “shards” you obtain during your Othercide playthrough or recollection. You can see an example in the image above which shows how many shards you’ll obtain each mission.
These shards, in turn, are used to activate Remembrances — helpful boosts and perks — that you’ve unlocked. The thing is, shards earned in missions don’t get actively added to the resource pool for your current playthrough/recollection. Instead, the game expects you to restart (aka. a new recollection) so that those shards become usable. You can click on the “Next Recollection” button at any time to restart immediately and activate a Remembrance using shards.
Note 1: If you wipe during a boss fight, it’ll immediately lead to a new recollection.
Note 2: Undertaking a new recollection and having leftover shards will let you activate new Remembrances during your current playthrough as long as you meet the cost requirements.
List of Remembrances
Below, you’ll see a table of the Remembrances I’ve obtained in Othercide including their unlock requirements:
|Remembrances||Effect||Shard Cost||Unlock Requirement|
|Damaged Left Eyeball||Start a run with 2 memories||0||Finish the first mission; can be activated at no cost during your current playthrough|
|Scarred Right Eyeball||Start a run with 2 powerful memories||50||Attach 25 memories to skills|
|Mangled Brain||Start a run with 1 very powerful memory||80||Collect a total of 5,000 vitae|
|Surgery Notes||-25% vitae cost to equip memories||30||Close 10 synapses|
|Burnt Confession||+25% vitae generated||50||Close 15 synapses|
|Torn Letter||-25% vitae cost to equip memories||80||Close 20 synapses|
|Inscribed Brick||+100% increased drop rate for memories||110||Close 30 synapses|
|Shimmering Blood||All Daughters gain +15% max HP||30||Deal a total of 10,000 damage|
|Red Embers||All Daughters gain +30% max HP||50||Deal a total of 100,000 damage|
|Spark of Life||All Daughters gain +55% max HP||80||Deal a total of 300,000 damage|
|Wooden Toy||All Daughters gain +10 action points||30||Complete chapter 1 of memories tab|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Complete chapter 2 of memories tab|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Complete chapter 3 of memories tab|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Complete chapter 4 of memories tab|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||Complete chapter 5 of memories tab|
|Corroded Scissors||Allows you to resurrect a fallen Daughter||30||Discover the boss of the Plague Era|
|Sturdy Lock||Allows you to resurrect a fallen Daughter||50||Discover the boss of the Cellar Prison Era|
|Ruined Rosary||Allows you to resurrect a fallen Daughter||80||Discover the boss of the Broken Beauty Era|
|Frayed Ribbon||Allows you to resurrect a fallen Daughter||110||Discover the boss of the Despair Creation Era|
|Suffering Seed||Allows you to resurrect a fallen Daughter||140||Discover the boss of the Long Nightmare Era|
|Preserved Heart||All Daughters gain +15% damage vs. Pestilence Cultist enemies||30||Kill 50 Pestilence Cultist-type enemies|
|Plague Essence||All Daughters gain +30% damage vs. Pestilence Cultist enemies||50||Kill 125 Pestilence Cultist-type enemies|
|Heart of Clay||All Daughters gain +15% damage vs. Nightmare Creature enemies||30||Kill 25 Nightmare Creatures-type enemies|
|Nightmare Essence||All Daughters gain +30% damage vs. Nightmare Creature enemies||50||Kill 100 Nightmare Creatures-type enemies|
|Corrupted Heart||All Daughters gain +15% damage vs. Corrupted Daughter enemies||30||Kill 10 Corrupted Daughters-type enemies|
|Suffering Essence||All Daughters gain +30% damage vs. Corrupted Daughter enemies||50||Kill 50 Corrupted Daughters-type enemies|
|Beaked Mask||All newborn Daughters start at level 4||30||Kill the Surgeon boss|
|Heavy Key||All newborn Daughters start at level 7||50||Kill the Deacon boss|
|Broken Music Box||+25% increased XP gain||80||Kill the Maid boss|
|Twisted Mask||All newborn Daughters start at level 10||110||Kill the Child boss|
|Suffering Parasite||+50% increased XP gain||140||Kill the Nucleus boss|
|Buried Gear||Skip an Era||100||Kill the Surgeon boss|
|Clock Key||Skip an Era||100||Kill the Deacon boss|
|Melting Clock||Skip an Era||100||Kill the Maid boss|
|Nodule||Skip an Era||100||Kill the Child boss|
|Flower of Paradise||All newborn Daughters start at level 15||70||Kill the Suffering boss|
1. The Remembrances that grant you a Resurrection Token will stack, and you only need to reach the fourth day of each chapter (ie. see the introduction cinematic for the boss) to unlock them.
2. Later, you can combine these Resurrection Tokens with Remembrances that allow newly-recruited Daughters to start at higher levels (ie. Beaked Mask or Heavy Key). Simply revive a Daughter from your previous playthrough and then use a newly-revived Daughter (who’s hopefully at the same level) to heal them to full if they take damage during a mission.
3. The Flower of Paradise Remembrance lets Daughters start at level 15 (Othercide‘s level cap).
4. Remembrances that boost HP are vital to survival due to the game’s difficulty. If you want, you can play very aggressively, dealing a lot of damage in multiple missions (to complete the tallies). Then, just restart once you have the HP boosts you need.
5. The Wooden Toy is, likewise, very important to have early on in your Othercide playthrough. However, you do need to find all memories (mods) in chapter one. Sadly, it seems randomness is also involved when acquiring these memories. I actually didn’t get the Wooden Toy until I reached the game’s final chapter.
6. The Remembrances that let you skip eras also stack — ie. activating the Buried Gear and Clock Key lets you begin from chapter three.