Overcooked 2 is now officially available for pre-order. Team17 has partnered with the indie developer Ghost Town Games for the sequel.
This morning, Team17 revealed the official pre-order trailer for Overcooked 2. You can pre-order and pre-purchase the title now on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC. The game itself will be available on August 7th.
If you do pre-order Overcooked 2, you will get Kevin’s “Too Many Cooks” pack. This gives access to five exclusive chefs at launch. Included in this pack are Calico Cat chef, Monkey chef, Unicorn chef, Walrus chef, and Alien chef.
New Features in Overcooked 2
- Online multiplayer! For the first time, you can cook up a storm with up to four players in both local and online multiplayer
- Throwing! Throwing is now an official game mechanic, allowing you to toss ingredients to your fellow chefs or even straight into the pan/blender/onto the floor
- New level mechanics! Overcooked 2 sees the introduction of new game mechanics including moving walkways, controllable platforms, and even portals!
- Dynamic levels! Throwing you from the frying pan and into the fire, dynamic levels will change around you, offering a new challenge to overcome as the recipes and levels themselves change!
- Interactive world map! As you drive, sail and soar your way around the map in the Onion King’s amphibious airbus you will open up new areas using hidden buttons around the world
- Kitchens! From the neon lights of a sushi restaurant to the bubbling pots of a Wizard school kitchen, there are plenty of places to cook up a storm in Overcooked 2!
- Recipes! From spaghetti to sushi and pancakes to pizza, recipes both old and new will need to be cooked to perfection (or at least not burnt to a crisp!) New recipes mean new ingredients and new equipment so even the most well-seasoned Overcooked players will be challenged.
- Chefs! Overcooked 2 introduces a whole host of new of chefs to play in the kitchen including an eagle, mouse, beaver and what kitchen is complete without an octopus!
Additionally, a collection of official Overcooked 2 merchandise has been released to further add to the hype. It will be available for purchase soon through Fangamer. This includes a t-shirt, tea towel, a lapel pin, and other items.
Overcooked 2 releases digitally on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC on August 7, priced at £19.99/€24.99/$29.99.Related to this article
Tarah Bleier is a freelance writer, editor and content creator from Toronto. As a graduate from Centennial College’s Journalism program, she has written for Tribute.ca, and Factinate.com and recently for Geek Enthusiast Magazine. In her free time, she loves gaming, cosplaying, prop making and attending as many conventions and geeky events as she can. Writing has always been a passion of hers and she has been a contributing writer of The Planet Observer for many years before becoming its Assistant Editor last year. Her work can also be seen on The Geekcast Radio Network where she has been a podcast host and writer.