After a reasonable amount of time on the PTR server the next Overwatch patch has gone live.
This is quite a decent patch with the addition of the server browser to find suitable custom games, the new CTF mode. There are of course the usual hero changes with notable changes arriving for a reworked Bastion.
- Configuration: Sentry
- Reconfiguration time decreased from 1.5 seconds to 1.0 second
- Bullet spread increased by 50%
- Bullet spread is always at maximum (it no longer increases as the weapon is fired)
- Magazine size increased from 200 to 300
- No longer deals critical damage
- Configuration: Recon
- Bullet spread decreased by 25%
- Magazine size increased from 20 to 25
- Can now be used while moving
- Now bound to secondary fire (formerly Ability 2)
- No longer interrupted by taking damage
- A new resource meter has been added that depletes while Self-Repair is active and recharges when not in use
- Configuration: Tank
- No longer grants bonus armor
- New Passive Ability: Ironclad
- Bastion takes 35% less damage while in Configuration: Sentry or Tank
Blizzard explained the changes to Basion commenting, “The goal of these changes is to move some of Bastion’s power from Configuration: Sentry to Recon, while keeping its sentry mode a strong option, especially versus tanks and barriers. Overall, Bastion should feel stronger and more flexible with these changes.”
There are map balance changes with defenders’ respawn time slowly increasing and changes to Eichewalde among other things in this updates. The full patch notes can be picked up on the Overwatch site now for anyone wanting to dig a little deeper into the changes.