Hi-Rez Studios has just released beta patch 35 for Paladins which also brings a new champion called Mal’Damba.
This new addition to the Paladins roster loves to through cobras and can also heal allies over time. His Q skills is an AOE heels for allies while at the same time gives damage to enemies. His ultimate is a giant snake which fears all enemy Champions for 2s and causes them to take 20% additional damage from all sources for the duration.
A new tutorial mode has been added to the game and the payload game mode has received some tweaks.
Paladins beta 35 patch notes
New Champion: Mal’Damba, Wekono’s Chosen
- Weapon [LMB] – Spitting Cobra
- Fires as glob of venom every .55s dealing 450 damage to a single target.
- Bonus Damage: Reloading throws the cobra dealing up to 550 based on how much ammo is missing and stunning enemies for 1s.
- Secondary Fire [RMB] – Mending Spirits
- Summon a spirit to enchant an ally healing 280 Health every second for 5 seconds.
- Ability [Q] – Gourd
- Toss a gourd full of venom that heals allies for 200 Health every second and damages enemies for 100 Damage every second.
- Ability [F] – Slither
- Quickly slither forward, becoming untargetable for the duration.
- Ultimate [E] – Dread Serpent
- Fire a dark vessel that explodes when it lands, fearing all enemy Champions for 2s and causing them to take 20% additional damage from all sources for the duration.
- Gain 50/100/150/200 Health.
- Feed the Spirits
- Reduce all active cooldowns by 10/20/30/40% when getting an elimination.
- Snake Pit
- Gain 5/10/15/20% Reload Speed.
- Receive 5/10/15/20% more healing when below 50% Health.
- Eerie Presence
- Reduce the cooldown of Mending Spirits by .5/1/1.5/2s if you miss.
- Ritual Magic
- Heal for 15/30/45/60 Health every second Mending Spirits is active on an ally.
- Swift Spirits
- Mending Spirits grants 7/14/21/28% Movement Speed to allies.
- Gain 4/8/12/16% Damage Reduction every second Mending Spirits is active on an ally.
- Many Gourds
- Reduce the Cooldown of Gourd by .5/1/1.5/2s.
- Venomous Gourd
- Gourd generates 1/2/3/4 ammo.
- Lighter Gourd
- Gourd gains 10/20/30/40% projectile speed.
- Pungent Gourd
- Gain vision on enemies for .5/1/1.5/2s after hitting them with Gourd.
- Liminal Passage
- Increase the distance Slither travels by 10/20/30/40%.
- Reduce the Cooldown of Slither by .5/1/1.5/2s.
- Spirit’s Touch
- Activating Slither heals you for 50/100/150/200
- Gain 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 2s after Slither ends.
- Added a Tutorial for new players to learn the game.
- Improved Custom match support
- Players can now purchase cards for gold during the Loadout import process
- Improved jitters near payload
- Net code improvements (smoother movement corrections)
- Fixed an issue where champions’ voices would react to getting healed when they were already at full health.
- Players can now copy decks from the leaderboard
- Fixed a bug where longer chat messages would get cut off
- Addressed an issue where the overtime bar would get stuck on
- Extend Payload round begin phase for attackers from 30s to 50s (Defenders can still leave their base at 10s).
- Fixed a bug with round 2 of Payload where both teams lose 5 seconds from their preparation time due to the slow motion effect at the end of round 1.
- Party members have a slightly different tint in-game
- Sources of healing, such as Ying illusions, now have a + icon above them
- Added crystal icons to the loading screen to signify that players are still loading.
- Added an audio notification during overtime.
- Added Cyrillic font to the game
- Fixed a number of crash conditions.
- Additional VFX performance updates for low end machines.
- New emotes are now available.
- Players may now only play mastered champions in the Competitive queue.
- Locked champions now are desaturated and have a lock frame.
- Champions that are not able to be selected now have a strikethrough presentation.
- Updated champion mastery frame art.
Addional changes to champion balance can be found in the full patch notes.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.