Hi-Rez Studios has just released beta patch 35 for Paladins which also brings a new champion called Mal’Damba.
This new addition to the Paladins roster loves to through cobras and can also heal allies over time. His Q skills is an AOE heels for allies while at the same time gives damage to enemies. His ultimate is a giant snake which fears all enemy Champions for 2s and causes them to take 20% additional damage from all sources for the duration.
A new tutorial mode has been added to the game and the payload game mode has received some tweaks.
Paladins beta 35 patch notes
New Champion: Mal’Damba, Wekono’s Chosen
- Weapon [LMB] – Spitting Cobra
- Fires as glob of venom every .55s dealing 450 damage to a single target.
- Bonus Damage: Reloading throws the cobra dealing up to 550 based on how much ammo is missing and stunning enemies for 1s.
- Secondary Fire [RMB] – Mending Spirits
- Summon a spirit to enchant an ally healing 280 Health every second for 5 seconds.
- Ability [Q] – Gourd
- Toss a gourd full of venom that heals allies for 200 Health every second and damages enemies for 100 Damage every second.
- Ability [F] – Slither
- Quickly slither forward, becoming untargetable for the duration.
- Ultimate [E] – Dread Serpent
- Fire a dark vessel that explodes when it lands, fearing all enemy Champions for 2s and causing them to take 20% additional damage from all sources for the duration.
- Gain 50/100/150/200 Health.
- Feed the Spirits
- Reduce all active cooldowns by 10/20/30/40% when getting an elimination.
- Snake Pit
- Gain 5/10/15/20% Reload Speed.
- Receive 5/10/15/20% more healing when below 50% Health.
- Eerie Presence
- Reduce the cooldown of Mending Spirits by .5/1/1.5/2s if you miss.
- Ritual Magic
- Heal for 15/30/45/60 Health every second Mending Spirits is active on an ally.
- Swift Spirits
- Mending Spirits grants 7/14/21/28% Movement Speed to allies.
- Gain 4/8/12/16% Damage Reduction every second Mending Spirits is active on an ally.
- Many Gourds
- Reduce the Cooldown of Gourd by .5/1/1.5/2s.
- Venomous Gourd
- Gourd generates 1/2/3/4 ammo.
- Lighter Gourd
- Gourd gains 10/20/30/40% projectile speed.
- Pungent Gourd
- Gain vision on enemies for .5/1/1.5/2s after hitting them with Gourd.
- Liminal Passage
- Increase the distance Slither travels by 10/20/30/40%.
- Reduce the Cooldown of Slither by .5/1/1.5/2s.
- Spirit’s Touch
- Activating Slither heals you for 50/100/150/200
- Gain 10/20/30/40% Movement Speed for 2s after Slither ends.
- Added a Tutorial for new players to learn the game.
- Improved Custom match support
- Players can now purchase cards for gold during the Loadout import process
- Improved jitters near payload
- Net code improvements (smoother movement corrections)
- Fixed an issue where champions’ voices would react to getting healed when they were already at full health.
- Players can now copy decks from the leaderboard
- Fixed a bug where longer chat messages would get cut off
- Addressed an issue where the overtime bar would get stuck on
- Extend Payload round begin phase for attackers from 30s to 50s (Defenders can still leave their base at 10s).
- Fixed a bug with round 2 of Payload where both teams lose 5 seconds from their preparation time due to the slow motion effect at the end of round 1.
- Party members have a slightly different tint in-game
- Sources of healing, such as Ying illusions, now have a + icon above them
- Added crystal icons to the loading screen to signify that players are still loading.
- Added an audio notification during overtime.
- Added Cyrillic font to the game
- Fixed a number of crash conditions.
- Additional VFX performance updates for low end machines.
- New emotes are now available.
- Players may now only play mastered champions in the Competitive queue.
- Locked champions now are desaturated and have a lock frame.
- Champions that are not able to be selected now have a strikethrough presentation.
- Updated champion mastery frame art.
Addional changes to champion balance can be found in the full patch notes.