This week brings another update to Epic’s MOBA Paragon, and this time, the tank class heroes have received some attention.
Rampage has received a boost to his Regeneration in and out of combat with a removal of front-loaded health bonus gain, Sevarog’s Ultimate has been tweaked for activation time and damage, and Steel’s Shield Block has had its effectiveness boosted.
Crit has also been nerfed and they have made “changes to the damage bonus percentage and reduced the per-point value of Crit on cards”.
This is also quite important, Epic has added Player ratings which lets players vote on the performance of their teammates. You have been warned, play nice and don’t go AFK!
Last but my no means least, there are new skins which you can see below and they all look quite tasty.
Oh. one last thing. The music has also changed and now I can get the old tune out my head after weeks of waiting in the matchmaking queues. It’s a lot more rousing now. There’s also a victory parade for the winning team.
Paragon Release Notes – .26
TANK BALANCE PASS
- King of the Jungle (Passive) – The intent here is to provide a predictable path to more Regen rather than having less health.
- Removed Health Regen bonus based on missing health and replaced with a flat bonus regen while in the Jungle – now a flat 4.2 health per second.
- Redesigned Feral Roar Ability to new ability, Thick Skin.
- Thick Skin ability:
- Now a passive ability which grants [2.24, 4.48, 6.72, 8.96, 11.2 HP/s]. The intent here is to emphasize Rampage as a regeneration tank.
- Ultimate (Enraged) has been modified. The intent of the rework is to not allow Rampage to escape without consequence. You will need to commit to an engagement or decide to disengage, but you can no longer do both in combat.
- No longer resets cooldown of Pounce, but still increases travel distance.
- Removed the immediate bonus health gain.
- During Enraged, Rampage now gains [+100,175,250 HP/s] regeneration.
- All other functionality of Enraged remains the same.
- Colossal Blow – The intent here is to increase the probability of hitting an enemy while swinging.
- Increased activation time after confirming the ability.
- Increased the targeting range to better hit enemies offset to the left and right of you as you swing.
- Removed the extra damage gained from stacking.
- Increased base damage from [225, 275, 325] to [260, 320, 380]
- Increased scaling from .705 to .75.
- Fix for Sevarog’s shoulders disappearing during recall.
- Shield Block – Changes made to Shield Block were meant to increase the usefulness in combat, especially for body blocking and blocking enemy projectiles.
- Increased collision size to help body blocking enemies and blocking enemy shots to protect teammates.
- Increased Physical and Energy Armor granted to 25/40/55.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a progressively increased slow to apply as levels were added.
- Force Shield – The intent of these changes is to reduce the overloaded functionality of the ability and to decrease the distance the ability could be thrown.
- Shortened casting range from 1500 to 750 units.
- Removed the ability to grant shields for allies and himself.
- Fix for camera occasionally flipping when using Shield Slam.
- Player Ratings System Added.
- Surrender Vote is now initiated at 20 minutes.
- Added new skins for purchase:
- Guerrilla Gadget
- Sepia Muriel
- War Chief Grux
- Wasteland Rampage
- Energized Dekker
- Autumn Fire Sparrow
- Added end-of-match cinematic.
- Added some FX to the Prime Helix Guardian including attacks and death.
- FX added to Prime Helix Orb capture point.
- Harvesters changes:
- Increased CP steal amount when attacking an enemy Harvester from 25% to 100%.
- Harvesters no longer provide vision.
- Updated minion and super minion run animations.
- Updated Core Explosion FX
- Prime Orb and OP Buff FX polish.
- Updated FX for wards.
- Weekly Card Pack changes:
- Overflowing Gifts
- Bubble Tap
- Added a new filter “Exclude” which allows you to remove cards with a specific stats entirely from the card list in Deck Builder.
- Added stat recommendations for each Hero in Deck Builder.
- Reduced base Crit damage bonus +200% to 150%.
- Reduced Crit Card percentage value from 4% per card to 3% per card.
HUD & UI
- Added first tips for new players.
- Fix for party chat tab not appearing while in a party.
- Players can now toggle message timestamps on or off in the social panel.
- Ability tooltips now show long descriptions.
- Made adjustments to allow Party invites to pop-up correctly.
- Made rendering adjustments on low settings to improve performance.
- Added ambient noise to the core and spawn area.
- Added sound for activation.
- The “First Blood” announcement should no longer cut off the “Enemy Slain” announcement.
- Hero ability tooltips updated for Muriel, Rampage, Sparrow, Steel, Dekker, Grux, GRIM.exe, Feng Mao, Gadget, Howitzer, Kallari, Gideon, Sevarog, and Twinblast.
- Updated Hero recommended stats.
- Bot Heroes will no longer waste AoE abilities on single minion targets.
- Fixed a bug where her animations would sometimes get stuck.
- Animation updates and polish.
- In Co-op vs. AI and Solo vs. AI bots now use the correct card deck.
- In Co-op vs. AI and Solo vs. AI bots now correctly use the Deflector Shield defensively rather than offensively.
- Animation tweaks and polish:
- Modified pose and sped up transition when toggling Suppression Mode.
- Fixed GRIM.exe’s leg clipping into his shoulder during Suppression Mode.
- Fixed a bug where Deflector Shield was still displaying after use.
- Black Hole
- Damage now starts exactly when he gets the shield and not before.
- Shields can now stack with other shields applied by allies or cards.
- Double Pain
- Fixed a bug where the ability would not show that it was dealing damage to a structure.
- Updated starter decks to include a Fighter Deck.
- Corrected Static Trap ability FX to always spawn correctly.
- Keep color and sphere.
- Mana costs for Rocket Dash are now displayed correctly.
- Corrected the Twinblast muzzle flash projectile spawn order.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the core to be invisible on rejoin.
- Fixed collision for some walls and rocks. This should fix some clipping issues players are experiencing.
- Fixed a bug causing localization region to not save.
- Fixed a bug with Minion spawn FX.
- Fixed FX with poison FX for certain cards.
- Ability Level Pips become grayed out on HUD after upgrading an ability.
- Long hitch after exiting Replays.
- Client hitches when selecting a skin for a hero.
- Loud stuttering audio when below 10% health.
- Users become stuck in old client with no patch notification and no available servers.
- Knockbacks and Pulls produce stranger movement behavior when the target is jumping.
- Changing resolution in a replay makes all hero portraits and camera options un-useable.
- Player Stats in the card menu reflect current values, making Health and Energy Regen stats inaccurate when viewed in base.
- Core health does not display.
- Harvesters disappear and are rebuilt when scrubbing backward or forward.
- Prime Guardian visually respawns when scrubbing backward or forward.
- Bots are missing Hero names intermittently.
- Announcer voice over for killstreaks not playing.
- Able to click outside of minimap boundaries and get camera out of the map.
- Melee attacks and abilities will damage through the walls of Dekker’s Containment Fence.
- G.T.F.O. ability strikes from behind if he is killed while firing.
- Make it Rain ability dash fails if input is pressed too soon.
- Taunt has no audio.
- Sometimes Travel Mode fails to activate automatically on respawn.
- Inconsistently unable to move after using Reversal of Fortune.
- Taking damage breaks swing animation.
- Soul Tap Passive description missing info for explicit Health gain per stack.
- Force Shield does not reveal slowed enemies in shadowplane.
- Shield Block does not state % damage reduction or Physical/Energy Armor in level up tooltip.