Grinding Gear Gamed is launching a significant patch update to Path of Exile tomorrow which brings new content to players.
In this update a new race event called Descent: Champions will go live along with Race Season 5. This new Descent dungeon is new content not featured in the main storyline and is a custom dungeon as we’ve seen before in the previous Descent event during the beta.
This 1.0.1 patch also comes with new skill and support gems, new unique items, new vendor recipes and more. This is the first fortnightly update to arrive since the game launched and if you’re new to the game you can expect these pretty hefty updates to continue as GGG lead up to a full expansion.
The first expansion is due some time in March next year according to Grinding Gear Games CEO Chris Wilson who also takes us through the v1.0.1 content update in the video below.
- Added support for the Descent: Champions race events and Race Season Five.
- Added a new Dexterity support gem – Enhance: This is a world-drop-only gem with three levels that only performs its function at level two and above.
- Added a new Strength skill gem – Purity of Fire: Casts an aura that grants fire resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum fire resistance.
- Added a new Dexterity skill gem – Purity of Ice: Casts an aura that grants cold resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum cold resistance.
- Added a new Intelligence skill gem – Purity of Lightning: Casts an aura that grants lightning resistance to you and your allies. Higher levels increase maximum lightning resistance.
- The new aura gems are available to certain classes from the “Intruders in Black” quest and to other classes from the “A Fixture of Fate” quest (both in normal difficulty).
- Added four new Unique items, all of which were designed by supporters.
- Added three new cosmetic microtransactions: Golden Spectral Throw, Discipline Force Field Effect and Scion Dance Animation.
- Two new Achievements have been added: Capture the Flag and Zombie Horde
- A checkbox has been added to allow Guild Chat to be hidden.
- New art has been added for Endurance, Power and Frenzy charges.
- Eight new vendor recipes have been added in two groups of four, including ones for changing which bandit quest reward you chose.
- To change your bandit quest reward, use the book that you receive from the recipe in the appropriate difficulty. If you had Eramir’s reward, you will need a skill point available to change away from it.
- When race prizes are awarded in Race Season Five onwards, the remove-only stash tab they go to can be accessed from any non-event league. You cannot access it in the first two weeks of a ladder. This means that your race prizes can be removed from the tab in Domination or Nemesis (but can’t be put back in). When the next four month leagues start, the prizes will not be available in the first two weeks (to keep the early race fair).
- Spectral Throw now has a more spectral effect.
- Necromancers now use an alternate curse effect.
- Effects have been added for when a Jade or Quartz Flask is used.
- The list of community supporters in the credits has been updated.
- A new audio track has been added to the the Darkness Event in Act 2.
- A button for the Microtransaction Shop has been added to the Escape menu.
- Continued to incrementally improve the sound, art, effects and environments.
End-game Map Balance:
- The item drop quantity and rarity for Map bosses has been increased.
- While playing End-game Maps, you are now more likely to find higher level Maps.
- The signature monsters for Courtyard and Palace Maps have been swapped.
- Reduced the range at which monsters use Delayed Blast. This mostly affects Maps.
- Cast On Damage Taken: The level requirement of gems augmented by Cast on Damage Taken may not exceed the level requirement of the Cast on Damage Taken gem. Edit: Many people seem to be reading this wrong.
- Ice Nova: Damage at high levels has been increased (around 10% more damage at level 15).
- Vitality: Mana reservation cost reduced from 60% to 40%.
- Purity: Now grants no maximum resistances.
- Animated Guardian: The Guardian now recovers 25% of its life whenever a new armour piece is added to it.
- Enfeeble: The accuracy penalty given by quality has been halved.
- Mortal Conviction has been improved from 30% to 40% less aura mana reservation.
- Early Scion Spell Damage passive skills changed from 8% to 6%.
- Various balance adjustments have been made to the Endless Ledge.
- Class chests for Descent: Classic have been updated.
- Characters now have a standing start in all race events.
- The party life bonus for monsters in higher difficulties has been reduced from 25% to 20% per player per difficulty. Parties still need a lot more damage output than in Open Beta, but it’s not quite so high now.
- Shrine effects for players that are based on skills have been buffed at higher levels.
- The life values of several monsters that appear in the Sceptre of God have been reduced.
- Beast skeletons can now be revived by necromancers.
- All quest rewards are now 0% quality, not just skill gems.
- Fixed a bug where a wagon could block the path through the Barracks.
- Fixed an issue where check marks would appear on Notable and Keystone passive skills, even though there is currently no related challenge.
- Fixed issues that prevented some monsters from spawning as rare. This makes the Kill Rare Monsters challenge completable.
- Fixed the Locomancer Achievement.
- Fixed issues with the All Ears and No Stone Unturned achievements.
- A warning message has been added for items with gems being added to guild stash.
- Some missing minimap markers for doors have been added back into the Solaris and Lunaris Temples.
- Fixed a bug where certain Nemesis mods did no damage when spawned on Carrion Queens.
- Cast on Damage Taken will no longer count any damage taken while you’re dead.
- Fixed a Scion hair bug with Lamellar armour.
- Fixed the Siosa quest to not highlight map pins once completed.
- Fixed an issue with key pickup and the Animate (Weapon and Guardian) skills.
- Fixed a crash related to chained projectiles.
- Various fixes have been made to guild tabs.
- Fixed a problem where you couldn’t right-click on the league flag to bring up the player context menu for a character in the friends list or guild member list.
- Fixed a bug where Vaal Construct type monsters would receive attack-only mods even though they’re spellcasters.
- When someone declines your guild invite it now says they declined, rather than having left the guild.
- Fixed an issue with pixelated outlines of monsters and characters that would occur in situations like the Darkness Event.
- The new guild invite notification will no longer keep popping up every time you transition to a new instance.
- Fixed a potential instance crash with Molten Shell.
- Fixed a bug where if you kill all Clarissa’s guards before getting close to her then it tells you to kill all the now-dead guards.
- Fixed some bugs with Aura priorities and the passive skills that increase the effect of auras not being taken into account.
- Fixed an issue where Remove Only stash tabs could remain after being emptied.
- Fixed a bug related to viewing a Guild Tab while the leader turns off your view of it.
- Added a message indicating that maps will be consumed when creating a Guild tag.
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.