Path of Exile’s Act IV-and-more expansion The Awakening will be available on 10 July, nudging it out of closed beta and into the big wide world of ARPG-ing.
Were I a Path of Exile expert of some kind, I could spend more time dwelling on all the new things this expansion plans to add. Sadly, however, I’m not – Paul’s the one who’s been playing the closed beta. As a result, this handy list of features will have to stand in for my ignorance. Sorry.
- Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
There’s also this ‘launch’ (well, soon enough) trailer. And if that’s still not enough detail about Path of Exile’s The Awakening, have a look at this official page for the expansion.Related to this article