Path of Exile is releasing its third expansion, The Awakening, and it’s their largest one yet. After an incredible closed beta period, they’re ready to unleash more new content. Grinding Gear Games isn’t about to shortchange its players!
The Awakening Expansion will bring with it the following content:
- Act IV Is Here! Act IV continues Path of Exile’s storyline. The time has finally come to venture into the center of corruption itself and drive a blade through its black heart.
- Explore Beyond Highgate: For the first time since launch, The Awakening introduces completely new areas, monsters and end-game maps to expand the world of Wraeclast.
- Defeat Legendary Bosses: Experience climactic boss encounters with characters from Wraeclast’s past such as Shavronne, Doedre, Malachai and many more.
- Powerful New Skill Gems: With new classes of skills such as elemental Golems that fight by your side, warcries and several new support gems, players are able to create new clever and intricate builds.
- Socketable Passive Tree: Collect and craft Jewels that can be socketed into the Passive Tree to drastically change the tree itself.
- Masses of New Gear: Find more than 110 new Unique Items and discover an entirely new set of equipment, the Maraketh Weapons.
- User Experience Improvements: Extensive user interface improvements, added more customization options and implemented many community-suggested changes.
Grinding Gear Games also recognizes that there is a growing worldwide community of players, so they’ll be releasing Path of Exile: The Awakening simultaneously in Russia, Taiwan, and Singapore. Folks in Europe and South America will have to wait just a little bit longer.
Path of Exile: The Awakening will be launched on Friday, July 10th. We’ll admit, some updates only look impressive in print, so we’re throwing in this trailer for good measure.
Related to this article
Founder and Editor of PC Invasion. Veteran PC gamer of over 22 years.